Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What A Day

Rea

The first hour was great, children involved, sharing, playing together. Then all hell let loose and the behaviour was awful. Back chatting, refusing to move where asked i.e. wash hands for lunch, sit on chair, nothing demanding. Silly noises at story time which led to others shouting 'I cant see/hear'. He pushed me, she squashed me, he did this, she did that. 'Look what he's doing', 'look what she's doing'. xD

How there arent a number of fresh mounds in the playground I do not honestly know. :o

Thank goodness I've got 2 days off :D

You've just helped me remember why I left nursery to work in an office :D

I seriously miss the children and all the fun aspects of the job, but certainly don't have any regrets about leaving when I think about afternoons like this!

I get the best of both worlds when I get to 'play out' at creches and nurseries but can walk away at the end of the session :o

Guest Wolfie

I would have loved to see ANY children today...I've been stuck in at home all day waiting for Autoglass to come and replace two car windows that someone kindly smashed whilst stealing my stereo last night......AND THEY HAVEN'T COME!!!!! :o

I can fully sympathise Rea-that's how we were last Tuesday. Today was better until two of the boys decided to throw all the small pegs (the sort you put into boards) all over the floor. There was a good exercise in fine motor skills for them both as I made them pick them all up and told them they weren't going home until they did. That shifted them!

Linda

Oh those memories are so fresh is my mind, Teusday afternoons were my 8 girls and 1 boy day and the bickering between the girls could reach fever pitch sometimes but i still wish i had those days back they were exhausting but so full of laughter and fun x

Hmmm, seems like a Tuesday phenomenon :o

Mine was similar to yours Rea, I put it down to the strong winds and what I call 'busy' weather, always seems to send the children into hypo mode...... and as for bickering our children have been like that for a week or so now. Strange because prior to that we were marvelling about how strong the childrens relationships were, being quite a small group xD

I was in bed for 20:30 last night, exhausted. Hence my early posts this morning. (addicted or what?)

still, it's another day and I have sorted out my Rabbit costume for next week, bought the Easter eggs for the Easter hunt and got all my Parent Declarations done for funding. Amazing what work can get done when aholiday is booked before end of term :(

Have a nice 2 days off Rea. :D

Linda - I would have got the chopsticks out :(:(

Oh Wolfie, sorry to hear your news, hope all is mended now

Peggy

One of them was using the plastic pliers out of the toy tool box-which was OK for a short time but was taking an age as he was transporting them one at a time all around the room to get them in the tray. Had it been earlier in the morning I would have left him to it but as all of this happened about 15 minutes before they were due to go home I wasn't prepared to stay late! :o

Linda