Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Wow Blizzards

Horizontal snow here on Scapegoat Hill... it has been hailing off and on all day but not laying.

Now it has started to stick and is looking pretty set for the rest of the night.

I wish I could attach a video clip to show you how the snow is 'dancing' - it literally blows left to right, then changes direction and swirls round and round. Perhaps I need to open my own nursery up here so that the children can experience the same wonder that I do (I'm 31 and never grow tired of it!!)

Next door's cat is currently sheltering under my car!

Same in Somerset, we have had it all, snow, hail, gales, glorious sunshine and bitterly cold oh and the odd shower of freezing rain, we have just lit our fire - lovely !!!

Bright sunshine in Poole, Dorset.

Who needs the television to tell us what the weather is going to be like. We have the Forum!!!!!!!! :oxD

We have had a sleetyt rain at lunchtime and the wind is cold, but thats it for tonight.

Hi all,

Same here in Essex, we have had sunshine, little bit of snow, and hail stones, now it is raining and very cold. The weather is as bad as me with my mood changes. Only i blame that on my hormone changes, i am approaching that age very fast, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. :o

Rosepetal :)

Spent most of the day gardening. Bright sunshine for the most part, but a a couple of showers a.m. and a bit of hail early afternoon. Too busy working to feel cold, but my son said it was freezing!!

Horizontal snow here on Scapegoat Hill... it has been hailing off and on all day but not laying.

Now it has started to stick and is looking pretty set for the rest of the night.

I wish I could attach a video clip to show you how the snow is 'dancing' - it literally blows left to right, then changes direction and swirls round and round. Perhaps I need to open my own nursery up here so that the children can experience the same wonder that I do (I'm 31 and never grow tired of it!!)

Next door's cat is currently sheltering under my car!

Umm RB is this the same Scapegoat Hill in Huddersfield? If so I know roughly where you live. Oooo I would have like to have seen this and it now sticking in the part of Halifax where I live. I may have a shock when I wake up in the morning.

Beth

Ooooooooo its sticking up in Halifax on the high ground and it doesn't look like stopping to me. I feel really cruel but I hope I get lots of snow and theres no buses running so I can't get to work. On the plus side it would mean I could get some coursework done (it is really my intention). :o:D

Beth

Umm RB is this the same Scapegoat Hill in Huddersfield? If so I know roughly where you live. Oooo I would have like to have seen this and it now sticking in the part of Halifax where I live. I may have a shock when I wake up in the morning.

Beth

Yep, sure is! 300metres up and allegedy the highest village in the country, although no documented proof of this (or any other contenders to the throne either)

Unfortunately, we are on a bus route, so the roads are gritted - no danger of me not getting to work tomorrow. Silly me made the mistake of telling my boss that, so no complaining that I'm snowed in!

Snowing really heavily now - I think I'll leave the wheelie bin til the morning :D

today was just very cold, windy and sunny one minute but then gets dark and tipping with rain the next, before returning to the sun again

must be a different part of Somerset to shirel

we too have log fire lit and cosy and warm.

Inge

Edited by Inge

Our decking looked like a Christmas Cake this morning, but that was it! We seem to miss most extremes here in the East Mids ----- whoops, if you hear of freak conditions round here, you'll know whose fault it was!!

Sue :o

We were all disappointed when we got up this morning to find only a sprinkling of snow on the ground. xD We've had lots of flurries all morning but its pretty wet out on the ground. Hoping that more deeper stuff might be on its way - which will be just my luck as it is my day off tomorrow anyway. :o

I live on top of a hill and we had lots of snow this morning - swept the car off, got my wellies out of the garage and a spade - just in case.....

By 10 am it was all gone and didn't I look a big silly in the supermarket car park, loading the shopping alongside the said spade! Still, you never know.... at half term my husband started the 1/2 hour journey home at 2pm cos of the snow and got in the door at 6 having had to dig out his car, grit the steep road to our house, rescue my daughter who was stuck etc etc. I loathe snow, unless you don't have to do somewhere that is, in which case its very pretty.