Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Parent Information Board

I have been asked by my manager to develop/ up date our parent's information board. :o

How ever i am struggling to find new information to add?

Would any one have any examples of what they have done or ideas that their parents found useful.

Hi dizzy daisy

What info do you have on your board already?

We have two boards-one which more or less stays the same with info about pre-school staff, opening times etc. This also has our insurance policy on it, our registration document and certificates for membership to NDNA and others.

Then we have one which is changeable where parents can put up posters, information from the local authority, which is updated annually, telephone numbers for children's information service, OFSTED.

I can't remember what else is on there. Strange how you see something everday but can't recall it when you are away!!

Linda

Guest Wolfie

We had information about the snacks and meals offered to the children and information leaflets about any illnesses/conditions currently doing the rounds.

We also displayed the current topic and weekly planning for the nursery and a copy of the latest parent newsletter.

Just remembered-exlusion periods for contagious illnesses, fire drill, holiday list.

Slowly remembering stuff!!

Linda

This is our preschool display so it has information on how the children learn through play. how they can cover our recent topic at home and information on the six area's of development. The parents have found this board useful however it has been up for a while.

Back again! We have a display based around the six areas of learning. I am going to change ours and add birth 2 three as well. So I will link the two together using photographs of the children and bit of text.

Linda

I used to include leaflets from the doctors surgery regarding anything that might have an effect on family life from childhood illnesses to domestic violence helpline no's. I also used to add interesting snippets from local/national newspapers if it related to childcare, benefits, or topical issues. :D

we're in a church hall so dont have perminent display board instead we have a welcome desk and removable notice boards

we have photos of the team on one board,

on the second we have certificates, copy of current news letter, daily routine, mission statement and childrens key worker list

and on our third board we have an overview of how our sessions help children to learn.

beside these three notice boards on the desk we place

a folder with all the policies and current Ofsted report

a photo album showing some of the many things that we do during the normal morning

a comment/feed back book for parents to write in (we also stick thank you cards letters in this)

a curricullum folder explaining the foundation stage and birth to three matters in parent friendly format

I must admit parents rarely touch the folders, photo album and comments book but its there for them to see.

Hi everyone! :D waiting up for my hubbie to contact me from across the waters :o bad news due! Keeping myself awake, have been logged on for a while.

LUV READING COMMENTS.  Tell my staff everyday about forum talk!  Too shy to write anything!

Hi Toadie! Congratulations on your first post! Sorry to hear that you are anticipating bad news and poor you having your hubby so far away. Glad the forum helps in some small part in keeping you going. We're here for you - lots of virtual hugs to you!

We have a whiteboard also that we use daily if there is anything to report, e.g. a bout of chicken pox or a change in the lunch menu that day, etc.

This is something that the parents check daily as it is always changing.

Instead of putting out planning, which I have done in the past and nobody read it, we now have a whiteboard in the entrance way which gives parents information about the activities for the week and what we are doing each day in small group time and our end activity session.

Linda

We have a notice board for each room with the relevant planning, photos and qualifications of staff, newsletter, and space for the parents to put things up eg. things for sale. We also put up songs that we have been singing and interesting sheets of information from Nursery World etc. We have a sign to say if anyone wants a copy they can ask. We then have a whiteboard entitled 'what we have been doing to-day' this is over the coat pegs and hopefully catches the parents eyes, we usually include photos of the children carrying out the activities as well - this helps get the parents to actually look!

Teri

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)