Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Something For Nothing

I went into the Early Learnign Centre today to buy a tractor with some recently raised funds and the shop assistant told me that there were having a re-fit and asked if I would like some of their ex display things??? She has given us, tables, chairs, easles etc!!

How lovely, it isnt often that you get something for nothing!!!

I had never thought of stores that have re-fits giving their things away but from now on I will keep my eyes and ears open!!

We once got one of those Thomas the Tank Engine train tables from a local toy shop who were replacing theirs. Two committee members had gone in to get end of term presents for the children and obviously timed it right! :D

I went into ELC once for some paint brushes with two brushes on. They used to be sold seperatly at about £1 but they'd stop selling them so the woman opened a box set, gave me the brushes out of it and said she would send it back saying it was incomplete. No charge. :)

Always worth asking for things in my opinion :D

Your aquistions sound fab, well done you and well done ELC for not wasting stuff. :D

we are also amazingly fortunate with one well known toyshop (previously mentioned), a girl who works with us knows the manger at this toy shop ~ so you can imagine the perks to that :o Lets just say we get some excellent deals.