Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ideas For Personal Files.

Does anyone have any good ideas about what to include in childs personal file. As a new teacher who needs to put one together I would love some advice. I want to make it as child centered as possible. I have included thing like observations and home details already , but need a few extras to make it more child friendly.

I include a CD with photo's plus print a few to place in folder.

I have also shown the child the CD and noted their comments, ie: " that was when we went to the park" thus recording childrens recollection of events and/or thoughts on their experiences. :D

Peggy

Peggy the CD idea is lovely i wouldnt mind introducing that into our nursery do you use this alongside other photographic evidence

Peggy the CD idea is lovely i wouldnt mind introducing that into our nursery do you use this alongside other photographic evidence

Not sure what you mean by 'other photographic evidence'.

The CD has on it every photo taken of the child during their time with us. I choose some to print and place in the file ( although I am talking about an achievement file, not sure if this is the same thing as 'teachers' 'personal file' ). Printed pics enable the achievement file to look more colourful etc.

Peggy

I also use the CD idea. When the children start F1 the parents are given a photograph permission slip to sign or not sign as they wish. If I have permission I take pics throughout the child's nursery life and at the end of their time I download all the pictures onto a CD and give it to the parents as a keepsake. Once I know that the CD's are OK ( parents come back quickly with them if not) then I detete the child's file off my lap top. They are very well received by the parents and an excellent record of the child's acheivements.

Anne (Zambonie)

I also use the CD idea. When the children start F1 the parents are given a photograph permission slip to sign or not sign as they wish. If I have permission I take pics throughout the child's nursery life and at the end of their time I download all the pictures onto a CD and give it to the parents as a keepsake. Once I know that the CD's are OK ( parents come back quickly with them if not) then I detete the child's file off my lap top. They are very well received by the parents and an excellent record of the child's acheivements.

Anne (Zambonie)

I used to give mine out at the end of their time with us, but now they are placed in the file that parents can take home and look at during the terms. This came about after Ofsted said I needed to inform parents more about what the children were achieveing, it is nice to get feedback from parents on the pics, which didn't used to happen because they had left. . Must say they are well received and parents of new children are especially appreciative because it gives them an idea of what their child is doing at preschool. I keep a copy in case CD get lost or damaged and delete when child leaves for school.

Peggy

• 1 year later...

Hi

in our nursery we have taken pictures of the childs first day and how they were settled etc and what they did.

Then throghout the year we do observations with photos and also a photo per term to go with each area of learning. Then we do a final days photo before they leave us and place it all laminated together to give to parents as a keep sake. we have only just started doing this and the parents have loved it. hope this helps christine x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)