Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Our Challenge

HI guys :D ,

can you help? :( Each room in our nursery have been set a challenge by the manager. Preschool's is to develop and create a healthy eating cafe where the children can have their morning snack. we have been given a budget of twenty pounds. xD

:o Have you got any ideas we could use?

thanks

Sounds fun and motivating at your preschool, room competitions, you have the advantage though being a member of the forum gives you a head start for ideas. xD

Our cafe has:

presentation: nice table cloth and pot plant.

server with 8 sections and clear lid.

2 jugs ( one milk, one water )

child sized metal cutlery.

cups, small bowls & plates

( difficult to obtain with only £20)

Foods we have used:

dry fruits

Fresh fruits & veg

Cereals

Dairy products

dips

crackers

rice cakes

Toast

Porridge

marmite

eggs

crumpets

variety of spreads

soup ( made by the children) parents bring in one item of veg, prepare, cook, liquidise and enjoy.

sure there's more I've forgotten.

Children learn to wash hands prior to self select

nearby bowl, soapy water, wash-up brush (less messy than a cloth) and drainer

Children wash-up after they have finished. (we re-do in hot water :o )

Let us know how it goes.

Another idea is to have a display of healthy and not so healthy foods, use packaging and let children decide which packets goes under which heading, this gets them talking about healthy eating.

Peggy

you can buy really lovely plastic bowls, cups and cutlery in Ikea very cheaply............all the colours of the rainbow! I think they are about £1 for 6 of them and about the same, i think for 4 sets of plastic cutlery.

It would be good fun for the children to make their own dips........things like hummus etc are very easy

Edited by narnia

I agree this is a great idea - very motivational for the staff! It got me wondering what the other challenges were??!

The other challenges were for babies to develop a sensory play area which includes information for parents. Toddlers were given the task to create their reading area

thank you every one for your help :)

Guest Wolfie

I too think the idea of "challenges" is a really good one - very motivational and encouraging good teamwork...think I might just steal that one! :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)