Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Night And Day

Hello All!

I am fairly new to this site so apologies if this topic has been covered before but has anyone got any good ideas for the opposites day and night? I teach Nursery and am being observed in a few weeks. I am going to start by reading 'Night Monkey, Day Monkey' but need some ideas as to what I can put in the different areas in Nursery which would tie in nicely with the topic.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Sarah

HI,

we do night time role play

beds,blankets,hot water bottles,teddies,story books

Also the children draw a picture of a garden or similiar in wax crayon and then have a black/dk blue wash to paint over it to make it a nigttime pic

we talk about moon shapes,full and crescent and half moon and they cut these out of playdo

we have dark paints and light paints

black playdo and white playdo tog

will keep thinking :)

Hi macster, welcome to the site :D:D

How about people who work through the night? Postal workers, nurses, doctors, police, bakers, some shop workers, trawlermen? I'll leave the rest to you (run out of ideas) :o

Thank you so much for all the lovely ideas and examples of planning. You have all been very helpful. I should now have a fantastic observation! (Fingers crossed!)

Hi Sarah and welcome to the forum.

There is also a lovely book called "In the middle of the night" by Kathy Henderson. It looks at what happens when most people are fast asleep, a mother trying to settle her baby, the mail being taken by train, the streets being cleaned and lots more.

Linda

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)