Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

We Have Had A Result...

Hi Everyone

Today we had a meeting between us, the Health Visitors, mum and the SENCO and we have come up with some strategies to promote positive behaviour and also we have got him a referal to the CDC... relief it means he can get some speech therapy. Mum is still saying that he talks fine at home, but we had to point out that there are 6 staff members that work in the setting and the majority of us have many years experience of working with children and we all cant understnad him and this is not the norm. We also pointed out at 3 1/2 he should be able to string a sentence together and not be using single words on their own. I feel bad for mum cos it is her little boy and I said this to the HV but she agreed with us that mum does seem to be in denial and we have to do what is best for the child in the long run. Mum was saying she just wanted to get him ready for school so everyone is now working together and I have to say that we are all relieved. I made it clear that I thought the route of the problem was frustration in that he can't make himself understood and everyone agreed except mum but she agreed that if we cant understand him then something needs to be done.

Yay lets hope that they do not take too long to get the ball rolling now...

Debs

Oh what a relief for you well done at least you now know you are doing al you can to meet the childs needs. was dad not involved in the meeting? Like you say it is difficult for mum and denial is an easy option but a few months down the line she will thank you all for the commitment you have shown to her child

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)