Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Fruit

I remember seeing various mentions of this in different posts, but cannot find any of them.

Please can you tell me what policies you have for giving fruit as snacks to the under 2s?

I have heard various things such as the size of the pieces and the skin being removed, and wanted to find out what people do? How about grapes - the under 2s love grapes, but I can't imagine trying to get the skin off!!

Although its a pain we actually quarter the grapes so they are small enough to not cause any damage - its only another cut and I have become quite proficient at it. Is there no end to my talents and I discovered another one the other day, completely unrelated - topping and tailing french beans - if you brought them in a packet - do not unwrap - shake them all to the end to they are all even and cut through the clear plastic and beans together - discard plastic and shake to the other end - you can then top and tail all the beans in two slices. Sorry not what you asked for but wanted to share this. How sad am I - but anything that saves me time is worthwhile

Nikki

I have children to do the toping and tailing of french beans, it is something they can do with a relatively blunt knife, and they are always keen to join in. I don't know if it is related, by they love eating them once cooked too.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)