Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Child Protection Policy

Hello

I hope someone can help we have had ofsted down today for a suitable person interview for a staff member, she was looking through our policies and said that the child protection policy should have been changed to the safeguarding children board does anyone have a sample copy of where I should put this part in?

Any help is much appreciated

Deb

Statement

•I am committed to creating and maintaining the safest possible environment for babies, children and young people to be cared for and educated in – all children, regardless of age, gender, disability, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation or identity have the right to equal protection from any type of harm or abuse and freedom from abuse

•My first responsibility and priority is towards the children in my care

•I fully understand the issues involved in safeguarding children and take all reasonable steps to minimise risks of harm

•I am aware of the signs and symptoms of abuse ( incl physical, sexual, emotional abuse and neglect) as stated in ‘What to do if you are worried’ leaflet (copy available on request)

•If I have any cause for concern I will report it, following the local Safeguarding Children Board procedures, which are available for you to read on request

•I am obliged to notify Ofsted of any allegations of abuse

•I believe it is unacceptable for babies, children or young people to experience abuse of any kind

•I recognise my responsibility to safeguard the welfare of all babies, children and young people by a commitment to practice which protects them

I'm a childminder and we were told if we hadn't changed it from SServices to Local Safeguarding Children Board we would be marked as inadequate at an inspection and be closed down............ we would be seen to be risking children's safety. You need their local phone number as well -

Useful telephone numbers –

Cheshire Police - 0845 458 0000

Macclesfield Social Services - 01625 534867

NSPCC child protection helpline (24 hour service) - 0800 800 5000

Cheshire Children’s Information service for help and advice - 0800 0852 863

Ofsted Manchester - 0845 6014771

Child line - 0800 1111

Safeguarding Children Board - 0845 1133311

Sarah x

We have changed our child protection policy to safeguarding children. We also have two procedures-one for if we have concerns that something is not quite right at home. The other is the procedure we would take if an adult in the setting is accused of abuse. We were also advised to add a part about children in need (not the television version!) and Stockport gave us a model of what happens with varying circumstances. I had to adapt it because it was too small to copy and it should have been in a triangle but it serves the purpose.

Linda

I am having problems finding the model but as soon as I do I will attach it for you.

Linda

Hi

I also add a copy of the flow diagram that should be in your pack from your Local Board, this clearly shows the route taken by a setting should we be worried about a child and this is according to the guidelines set down, it really avoids any confusion about what we would do when and how.

Teri

So do we have to change the name of this policy, mine is still called child protection policy. i went on the child protection training course 3 months ago, nobody said it was being re-named. or have i misunderstood.

We have adopted the PSLA one, does this need to be updated. Sorry i'm a little confused!!!

We were advised to change the name as the boards are now safeguarding as opposed to child protection boards. But I suppose it depends on your area.

I still can't find the child in need model I'm afraid-I can't believe I didn't save it as it took me ages. I am hoping it is on the computer at pre-school. I will have a look tomorrow.

Linda

Thanks for all of your help. I have just gone through and changed the wording in my existing policy to local safeguarding children board as opposed to local area child protection committee. I am still interested to see what other people are using and I will certainly look into that diagram mentioned.

Deb

So, does this mean I change the title of our policy from Child Protection too, not just the references to the Area Board bits? I received the updated 'What to do if you're worried a child is being abused' & the summary docs today but it doesn't help much! There are lots of flowcharts now! HELP!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)