Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Confidentiality

I have problems with this and some members of staff. One spoke to a parent about a rumour that was being circulated in and around school. Another member of staff was concerned and reported this to me. I spoke to the staff member in question who admitted doing so - but pointed out that the parent was known socially. I said that it was a breach of confidentiality and passed it out to SMT to deal with. I feel so terrible, but I had to do this, didn't I? Anyone else been in this awful position?

I'm sure everyone has been there at some point, we know how you feel and do not worry! I know that as a SLT member we have had to deal with it before. Often it also means being careful what you say around certain members of staff. Also if staff members are parents too it sometimes means reminding everyone in general about confidentiality!

Congrats on your first post anyway!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)