Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nursery Nurse And Nursery Assistant Roles

Please can you tell me specifically how the roles of your nursery nurses and your nursery assistants differ?

When I took over as manager at my nursery, the nursery assistants were doing exactly the same roles as the nursery assistants, but for less money!

Sorry, but do you mean that both NNs and NAs were apparently doing the same job?

Basically, they do; it's down to responsibility levels in our setting, anyway! Haven't got time right now to give this the response it deserves, I'll try to remember to get back!!

Sue

hi

within our setting NN and Na do basically do the same job but at the end of the day the NN are responsible for the rooms that they supervise and to ensure that all documentation is up to date and planning completed. They get paid more than NA because they have the repsponsibility associated with supervising. Hope this helps.

In our nursery NN and NA do the same basic job - but NN are qualified and can be key workers and are therefore ultimately, responsible for updating key childrens files with information gained from child observations and via parents input and ensuring other staff aware of child's current needs etc.

Well, amazingly, i remembered!

As others have said, it's basically the same job - caring for the children etc, but L3 qualified staff have extra responsibilities. They could be a Room head, maybe, responsible for the day-day running of the rooms and supervision/training of staff. All L3 will be responsible for administration of medication in conjunction with either Manager or deputy, they are also expected to oversee mealtimes to ensure no child is given the wrong food (knowledge of dietary requirements, allergies etc). They may be able to collect and log fees or other administrative duties. As I said before, it's down to responsibilities. I would imagine this is pretty much the case in all DNs.

Sue

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)