Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Light Tables

Please can you tell me what activities you can do with Light tables. We haven't got one but my TA is desperate fr one. I juts don't know enough about them. I did a search on line but came up with art resources. Then i found where i can buy one from but I don't know what kind of activities we can do with them. Any help gratefully received.

Thanks

Our neighbouring nursery school lent us their light table. They said we were not to buy our own as they were very expensive and not really so fantastic as to be worth getting our own. They were right, we have had it for 4 weeks now and the children rarely use it after initially having to queue to use it practically, perhaps its how we have initiated it. We have colour mixed on it using counters, written our name on acetate and looked at it, looked at shells through the light etc. The nursery did say they enjoyed it but it was fairly limited once they had done all the initial things with it! Hope this is of some help to you.

We always rotate our toys. We are in the unfortunate position of having to put away each day but it does ensure we rotate all the equipment. If we had the same equipment out for 4 weeks the children would be bored with it. We have a light box. We use it to put transparent shapes on, to show X-rays or colour paddles or just use it to display natural items like leaves, plastic bugs etc. We usually have it out for 1-2 weeks but we change the resourses every few days.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)