Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Mtp Help!

At the moment on we do a medium term plan which covers all 6 areas. We split it into weeks and include the focus objective for the week for each area. Do you think we need a medium term plan for each area and should we include a continous objectives/ provision and possible activities?

Our medium term plan highlights particular stepping stones that we are hoping to concentrate on alongside the planned activities that we intend to provide to help us achieve this.

No! Life's too short for planning.

Make a game to play with the children or a writing prompt for the role play area, or spend time choosing a really fantastic picture book to share with the children and let them 'plan' from that.

(I'm feeling a bit rebellious at the moment - I think it's because I've got a Govenor's sub-committee meeting tonight!)

Bungalow, that sounds wonderful! I've got to get my head round your style of planning, it's just so hard to come out of your comfort zone......... :o

Bungalow, that sounds wonderful! I've got to get my head round your style of planning, it's just so hard to come out of your comfort zone......... :o

I totally agree - it's like anything in life... you can dread something in the future (I've got a dentist's appointment tomorrow :( ) but looking back it will probably be okay (here's hoping that I don't need any work doing xD ) and you wonder what all the fuss was about!

Sorry Lola, that didn't answer your question..!

I have nursery experience, rather than school, but would have continuous provision as my long term, medium term would be the enhancements to those areas depending on the topic and the children's interests. The short term would then be based on observations of children's interests or focus activities for certain areas or certain children.

Hope that helps!

Edited by Running Bunny

I would love to plan that way however our head is very key stafe 2 orientated and when we have propsed this idea it has not gone well!! A fixed medium term plan is very much what he requires. I do however make it clear that we use this as a very very very flexible guideline and often it is not stuck to.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)