Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Taking It Literally!

As it was the first day back after half term today, we combined the festivals of Shrove Tuesday and the Chinese New Year. After teaching the children how to say the Chinese 'Kung hai fat choy' greeting this morning, I suggested they surprised the dinner ladies by speaking Chinese. As the dinner ladies congregated I said, right everybody can you say Happy New Year in Chinese? They all shouted merrily in unison ...'Happy New Year in Chinese!!!'..The dinner ladies said I walked right into that one!!! :D

:):):)

this made me chuckle

The head teacher was doing an assembly on celebrating differences in children.

She was saying who can speak another language- French, lots of hands, Italian a few hands.

Then she said 'Chinese, I am not sure anyone here can speak Chinese can they". One of my kids pipped up " I can, Kung hey fat choy" Bless em!!

Here's another classic today...trying to establish if they can tell me something they know about a number and we were looking at number 5, when one child said...I know it's a number 5 because it's a 2! mmmm some number reversal problems I think!