Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Weddings And Men's Suits?

I am getting married in August, and wanted to pick your brains.

As far as the groom's suit etc goes, who decides what the suit is like??!! xD

Obviously the bride picks her own dress, etc, so does that mean the groom picks the suit?

Does the bride have any say? Basically I have a very stubborn boyfriend who feels that he should pick it and that I shouldn't see it. It all sounds very risky to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Does the groom's outfit have to tie in with the bridesmaid's in terms of colour?

Help!!! :(

I do think that most brides and grooms try to co-ordinate what the men are wearing with what the bridesmaids are wearing. When one of our neighbours sons got married the bridesmaids wore black and the men wore pink shirts and ties!

I suppose the groom should have the same prerogative as the bride in these days of equality! :o

Linda

We actually decided on bridemaids dresses after getting hubbies suit.

This could be a real test of 'trust' in his taste. :o:( but isn't that what relationships are all about. xD or not :D

Good luck, whatever the decisions, it is only the first day of the rest of your marriage.....

compromise, go with what you BOTH feel happy with.

Peggy

I told my hubby what colour suit I liked and he knew what colour the dresses were.

We shopped together and compromised on the ties (he wanted a 'normal' tie and I didn't, but I wasn't the one wearing it all day!) and agreed that 'normal' suits were more his style than morning suits.

He had final say on pattern on waistcoat and I just offered my opinion :D

My husband was in uniform so I had to coordinate with him in choice of flowers and bridesmaid dresses, best man in uniform too but different colours!!!! (Husband was yellow and blue and best man red, different regiments!)

I agree compromise is usually the best way and what will work best for you both

Inge

Well my husband thinks he chose what he wore, when actually it was me that chose it!!! I told him it had to have purple in it and then pointed out how lovely Ithought he'd look in x y and z! I also found him the suits for the rest of the men (different waistcoats) and then told his mum about it as I knew she'd be going with them to sort it! Wouldn't you know, they wore exactly what I'd suggested! I didn't go with them but Joe knew what was expected!!

Here are a couple of piccies for you to see:

The wedding pics

Hope that helps!