Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted Are Time Lords!

I have just been on the OFSTED website to look at recent reports. I was amazed to ssee that three settings, in different areas of the country, have had their last inspections on 26th Feb, 5th March and 7th July 2007!!!!!!

These inspectors must have been watching too much Doctor Who and think they are time lords! :oxD:(

Linda

Definately David Tennant for me too! I can hear the tardis setting down and I'm out there like a shot!! I don't think I would be so glad to see an OFSTED inspector ever!! :D

Linda

How funny. xD They didn't exactly check them carefully before publishing did they? I wonder what other glaring errors they make?? :o

One of my providers called me on Friday (16th) to say that they had received their report. The letter was dated 15th February, with the action plan to be submitted to them by....

.... wait for it....

... THE 14TH FEBRUARY!!!!!

Now, I know we can be an efficient bunch in early years, but show me a provider that could do that!!! :D

RB, I had the same scenario with a previous inspection in 2003, minus two weeks to get my action plan in :(:(

So, I wonder if the reports are a year old or they got the month wrong and the date and they are only a few months old :oxD

Peggy

I have sent an email, one of those little comments boxes on the site, asking them if they realise settings have had inspections in the future-didn't quite word it like that!!! :o I also suggested that they correct them as these reports are in the public domain and it doesn't show them in a very good light!!

Linda

This was the reply I recieved today:

Dear Sir or Madam

Thank you for your e-mail.

Please can you provide the name and full postal address or Unique Reference Number (registration number) for the settings so our web team to amend these details.

However should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards

Linda

And this is how I replied!!!!

Dear Louisa

The following information is what you asked for:

Fleetwoods Charity Pre-school group

7/7/2007

St Martins Garden Childrens Centre

5/3/2007

EY339058

Bright Stars Nursery

26/2/2007

EY331400

Quite frankly I feel this was your responsibility to look into not mine. I am an early years worker but what if I was a parent? Do you think this is something you should be asking the general public to do? The standards set by OFSTED for early years settings and schools are not reflected in the standards you seem to set for yourself.

For example the following sentence does not make sense:

"Please can you provide the name and full postal address or Unique

>Reference Number (registration number) for the settings so our web team

>to amend these details."

Having experienced problems with OFSTED in the past I am not reassured by this email.

Linda MCDowell

:o Great email no wonder they are not doing this right, what do they expect the early years staff to look on their website and tell them whats wrong with it. Me thinks that OFSTED were being too lazy to notice their own mistakes.

Beth

well done Linda it is really bad when we as the general public have to tell ofsted how to do their job and as you quite rightly point out what if it was a parent reading them

I received this email yesterday:

Dear Ms McDowell,

I am sorry that you received an unsatisfactory reply to your original e-mail sent 19/02/07.

In response to your query I have forwarded the details you provided to our communications team for their amendment.

May I again take this opportunity to apologise for the response to your request and thank you for making us aware of our errors. If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

At least somebody can admit to making mistakes!! :o I am just going to check that they have made the amendments.

Linda