Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Great Resource For Listening Skills

I'm having trouble downloading them, what programme do you save them to?

Peggy

sorry, should have also said, thanks a lot for the link what a fantastic long list of sounds which have been sorted into the variety of catagories. :D

Peggy

I've been trying to find a way to download them, but can't find any information on the site. I used them at school straight from the website on the interactive whiteboard (the thunder storm sounds great in stereo!)

I have emailed them to see if there is a way to download specific sounds.

I've tried this method, but it only seems to save a link to the file, not the actual file.

I had this prompt reply today from the BBC:

"Many thanks for your message and thank you for the compliment.

You can't 'download' the audio at the present time because it is only offered as 'streaming' files. This is a policy issue which is in force across the BBC with just certain exceptions. We hope that before long we will be able to offer the audio as downloadable files - e.g. mp3 format - but until such time we're afraid you'll have to struggle on as things are (or record the files which is also possible!).

Sorry we can't be more helpful at the current time.

Very best wishes,

BBC School Radio"

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)