Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Toothbrushes

Have done a forum search and found a few posts from while back.

Please can anyone tell me:

1. Does anyone have any more storage ideas. I know that the heads arn't meant to be able to touch. Can anyone point me in the direction of any web-sites with good storage resources on?

2. At what ages should children be having access to a toothbrush from? We have children aged 3 months to 5 years.

Thanks

HI

We brush children's teeth as soon as they have teeth to brush :D

We store toothbrushed and toothpaste in the little washing tablet nets you get with washing tablets, these are named and then hung on hooks (out of reach of children) and not touching one another. The hook rack was made easily using a strip of wood with metal hooks screwed in (cheap but very effective)

Dawn

In my son's nursery they have just got a toothbrush bus. It's decorated on the sides to look like a bus and there are holes in the top for the toothbrushes. The holes are wide enough apart to ensure children's toothbrushes don't touch. This is very accessible and doesn't take up much space on the worktop. I will ask tomorrow if you like where it is from.

Is this what you are talking about?

Toothbrush Bus

Have also found them here. :)

Thanks for the link Beau, I went to the second page on your second link and found some useful and interesting sand and bubble timers :D

HERE

Peggy

p.s. We ask parents to provide toothbrushes and they are kept in the childrens lunchboxes, we have limited storage space and shared venue, so keeping brushes at the setting is yet another item to store. Mind you I do like the look of the toothbrush buses. :D

Ordered the Bus Brushes from that site, and they came today. They are brill!! (it's sad how excited you get when a parcel arrives!!).

I didn't get a look in on the parcel. The staff sneaked it away whilst I was talking to a parent, and had it all opened and organised by the time I was free!!! Bless them!! :o

• 1 month later...

Hi,

We ask parent's to supply their children with a tooth brush. Each child then has their toothbrush put into an individual plastic cup with their own name on which we provide. After teeth have been cleaned the toothbrushes are washed under running water then are turned upside down in the cups. At the end of the night we soak the brushes in very, very, weak milton solution, which is washed off the following day.

As for when to start cleaning teeth, we ask parent's to bring in toothbrushes as soon as the first tooth appears. Most of the little ones prefere to just eat the toothpaste, and toothbrush in most cases, but it gets them used to the routine.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)