Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Name That Dog!

Just adopted a stray alsatian cross -not a little puppy but still young. He's mainly black with tan bits - we're open to name suggestions -If there's any offers. We're hoping to find one that suits him -characteristic wise he's friendly, follows us around the house..........he's here on trial but think he'll pass!

If he is friendly and follows you around how about Piper or Hamelin/Hamlin (as in the pied piper)

Okay, there are rat connoatations too, which isn't particularly pet friendly, but Piper is quite cute?

Are there any family places that are favourites - parks, castles, beaches etc?

I would love to have two cats and call them Bailey and Sheridan (after my two fave drinks!) but me and hubby work full time and I don't think that's really fair.

That'll be all that calorie advice! xD

Don't think I will be much help in naming pets, we have three new fish (just to add to all the other animals), my son named them Blackie, Goldie and Brownie, exotic hey!! :o

Edited by Guest

LOL as bad as our hamsters - toffee, sooty, honey and snowy

As for the dog -

Deefa (as in d for dog)

Bitsa (for cross breeds - bitsa this and bitsa that)

Shep (German Shepherd...)

Lucky (cos you found him)

I always wanted a dog called dog and a cat called cat! Our cats were Mini and Cooper as my dh is mad on the car, thank goodness we had cats before children eh!

Just thought I'd update you all-thanks for all the suggestions. It's funny Marion, I kept referring him as Shadow but I think the reason Im posting so late is that he's not with us tonight. He is a fabulous dog and very loving but at the moment, probably because he's been taken in as a stray, he's demanding love and kisses and walks 24/7 and not settling at night time. He was very upset every time we went out according to neighbours too and we are always so busy during the day. Anyway, after having many sleepless nights -not because he was naughty or anything, just because I was sleeping so lightly like you do when you've a new baby, and because my husband is restless too, we've made a decision today...........I think I'm regretting it too! We had a family friend who has 4 children whose father committed suicide and she said she thought her children would love it. It's probably perfect for him because she has such a busy house with lots of people visiting who will make a fuss of him no doubt. She is also in most of the day so can give him lots of attention. I'm really missing him so anything could happen.....I'll keep you posted, his name might now be chosen by his new family. I must try to get back to sleep!!! I feel so torn but have probably made the right decision-need more convinving though

Think of all the love and cuddles he'll get with his new family. Dogs are a real tie and can't be left alone for very long. Young dogs need such a lot of care and attention to settle down. Your dog will be very insecure and need more than most, so you have done the right thing by him. I'm not suprised you are a little sad but you can go for visits.