Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Photos Of People From Various Ethnic Groups

I was wondering if anyone knew of a source - preferably free or cheap - of photos as mentioned above. I'm particulalry looking for Chinese people, not just because of Chinese New Year but because we have one Chinese girl in an all white group, and she's adopted by a white family. A4 or A5 size would be ideal.

Thank you for those replies. I'd forgotten about SEAL, being in a preschool. Unfortunately only 1 photo of a Chinese child that I could see, and he was looking pretty unhappy! Some good stuff on there.

I did a google images search & came up with a range of others which should do though a bit small & distort when resized. Being a bit of an innocent I hadn't realised how careful you need to be with your search terms, though!

You never know what'll turn up do you?? xD

I particulary remember typing in 'Disney' about 10 yrs ago and being pretty shocked at the result. Little Mermaid it wasnt!! :o Obviously in the days of no security. :(

Can you use magazines/papers which cater to the Chinese market, I know you can get Arabic papers? :D

We have just had a new filter put on our school network and I find it very strange that it wont allow us to access ARGOS (we wanted to order a new shed to replace one damaged in the winds) but if you type in matador you get a topless magazine :oxD

I did a google images search & came up with a range of others which should do though a bit small & distort when resized.

If I am looking for images to print for playgroup I just search for large images on google. If you look underneath the search bar it say 'Images showing:' and in the box the default is 'All image sizes' but you can change this. :D

We asked all the children to think of a job that started with the same letter as their name and Matthew came up with a matador (his granny has just moved to Spain and he'd been for a visit) Luckily it was the members of staff looking for pictures to match the jobs not the children.

We've got loads of Chinese pictures; people and events, as last year we went to the local Chinese New Year celebrations and husband went mad taking photos. They've been printed A4 and laminated - they have a special place at this time of year, but some are always on display around the Nursery.

Find your local event and prepare for the future!

Sue

We have just had a new filter put on our school network and I find it very strange that it wont allow us to access ARGOS (we wanted to order a new shed to replace one damaged in the winds) but if you type in matador you get a topless magazine :oxD

Oh my Goodness!!

I had to put in a special request at school to access this forum because our network considered the content to be "unsuitable"!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)