Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Feeling Sad

My children found out that i will no longer be able to be in the room with them all the time as my manager job now requires me to be nupernumery.

They were chatting about it amongst themselves when a little girl came up to me and said "will you still be here when i need a cuddle i dont want a new teacher i love you i want you to stay being our teacher". Needless to say i reassured the child that i will still be around whenever she needs me for anything and if she wants me to be in the room at any time to let me know i will always make sure im there and then had a secret cry in the staff room. I hope this is the right thing to do coming out of my room i really feel like im letting the children down i hope they know that i wont let them down and that i will always be there foe them for as long as they need me to be i hope they know that i will still care x

Big hugs from me too, let each child who needs to know know that they are

"so special to you that you felt you had to share them with other special staff who are just like you, but will they promise to save you a hug for when you see them" :o

the only difficulty with attachments is that they have to break when an adult or child moves on, but they give so much strength , confidence and self worth that the adult and child will cope. xD

Peggy

Oh Jojom, thats awful and lovely all at once :o

Make sure the other staff are aware of your promise to be there when needed/wanted, they might think they shouldnt disturb you. :)

Give it a week and the children and you will be used to the new role :D

Aargh, that's what makes the job it is. Let's face it sometimes we don;t get valued in the way that we should and this makes it all worthwhile. Besides I am sure you will have to make time to pop in and monitor what the staff are doing in your new role so you can always see them again.

Nikki