Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Children's Art

We spent a lovely day at the farm with our nursery children and this has been the inspiration for some super art work but can anyone help me answer a question . Why do all the Muslim Children want to paint pigs? What do the parents think of us for letting their children paint these taboo animals? Are they are too polite to say or doesn't it matter? I know they do not take them home and if the children take home a story book about pigs it is returned by the parents unread.

Has anyone else found this?

I think it must be the case of 'forbidden fruit' as I have also come across this with Muslim children over the years. I have had them choosing to take home books about pigs, painting pigs, wanting to see the pigs when planning visits. All very worrying as on the one hand we encourage children to make their own choices, but on the other would not wish to offend them or have their parents in concerned that we are not respecting their culture.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)