Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Wwwwhat's In Everyones Favourites?

so to put this into perspective... I'm also the ICT co-ordinator at my school and I wasn;t that impressed with the current plans for the FS, nor did the county have much to offer... so I re-wrote them all... and wrote some new ones to bring them more up-to-date with how good the children are at ICT now when they arrive ... I've written them on 'using and navigating the internet', 'stop-start animation', 'animating stories', 'photo editing' etc etc... we're really lucky that we have a 30 computer suite that we get t use twice a week so we always get loaads done with ICT!

... but anyhooooooow... just adding finer touches to the internet one, and wanted to add more sites into ur favourites for them to access... and wanted to know everyones favourite sites to use WITH the children or for the children to use indepedently...

... when I give them free reign alot of my children will choose The Mouse Club...

... so what does everyone else use... ? Steve, is there a section in resurces fr people to post good websites, resources, and then ones to use with children? :o

Cheers ~ Porl

You ought to be able to start a thread within the Topics/ Themes / Activities section and if it takes off perhaps it can be separated off at a later date, Porl!?

Good idea though, the ICT suite is the school I am in has acquired a broadband connection this week and I can see I might find that very useful as I have never had that facility before!

I LOVE both of the sites, thanks for sharing them. I shall be adding both to my list of favourites. I wonder though if mouse club is supposed to read the stories? I couldn't get that to happen, even though I fiddled a bit. Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

I'm afraid I am very unadventurous with web sites and tend to use CD Roms instead or plain old boring CBeebies. I am converted now though, thanks again!

Hi Porl -

Not at the moment. One of my next jobs was to put an interactive links page up for people to contribute to, but I got distracted by the Resource Library and haven't yet done it. As Susan says, in the short term start a discussion off asking for nominations, and hopefully I'll get an interactive links page up soon! :)

We love www.jigzone.com a site that just does jigsaws. It is great and the children can do a 6 piece puzzle or 12 etc as it gets more complicated, great fun for the whole school and you can pick your own picture, theme, photo etc. Very theraputic for adults too, but a little addictive if that is your thing!

Liz x

Just been on the worksheets thread. Have to say 'Kizclub' looks very 'fuzzy duck'. Sorry if that makes no sense at all!

Have used Poisson Rouge for a while now, love the way it's updated regularly.

Big thank you to Marion. Poissonrouge is going down an absolute storm in my room. I think it's really fab for very fine mouse control. The children are all signing up for their turn on the computer and it's so popular it's on the 3 minute sand timer at the moment to enable lots of them to get a turn quickly. We had a longer session the ICT suite this week where they found loads of bits I hadn't discovered yet. It's so lovely when you see them enthusiastically teaching friends where to find things and how to use them!

AOB

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)