Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Open Day Ideas

Has anyone any brilliant ideas for celebrating our new Children's Centre Open Day. It will be in February.

We have children from 0 - 5. Need to include parents and families. Thanks!!

My advice would be to keep it simple, try to resist the temptation to try too much. Happy, occupied children in I presume 'new' surroundings will impress. We had an open morning last year, which went down well and there was a 'nice atmoshphere'. Mind a bit blank, can remember making a fruit salad with a group of children, all the staff were there to talk to parents too, we offered cups of coffee, had stalls by 1 or 2 parents ie body shop etc. Be interested to see what others do. Good luck with your celebration. Have you asked or suggestions from parents?

Do you have data projectors? Slide shows of photos with or without music can 'enhance' an event/situation.

That reminds me, we had a slide show on a lap top showing photos of children engaged in everyday activities.

• 5 weeks later...
Has anyone any brilliant ideas for celebrating our new Children's Centre Open Day. It will be in February.

We have children from 0 - 5. Need to include parents and families. Thanks!!

Hiya,

Have you had your open day, if so had did it go. I have just been appointed as a Children's Centre Manager, I am very excited, and would love to know how it went and what went well and what you wouldn't do again.

Nikki

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)