Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Looking For A Puzzle?

Hi,

I recently watched an Early Bird (support group for parent's with children with autism) training DVD. It showed a little girl playing with a jigsaw puzzle, each piece that she put in she had to use a wooden rod with a magnet on the end and each jigsaw piece was also magnetic.

Not sure how well I am explaining it but if anybody has seen one and knows where I could get hold of one I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Julie

Yes, I've got a couple of puzzles like this. They are basically wooden in-set puzzles that have a metal stud on each piece. The child uses a rod with a small magnet on the end to put in or take out the pieces. I'm sure that I bought mine from a market stall. Sorry that I can't be more help!

in that case, could you not stick a small piece of self-adhesive magnetic strip to each piece of puzzle and make your own???

In fact, there's one of the puzzles you are looking for on sale on ebay right now, complete with the fishing rod ! 2 different sellers selling similar ones, I've mailed them to ask where they bought them/who the manufacturers are, so will let you know if i get any answers

Edited by narnia

I have one of these puzzles, the peices are fish. They come with a lifetime guarentee and the makers name label is on the back, I shall have a look on Monday and get back to you. I bought mine from D & A Toys which is now called Nursery Toys.com ( I think).

Peggy

did a google search Nursery and toys .com but couldn't find the magnetic puzzles, the same company who make the magnetic puzzles also make sound ones which are popular with my preschool children.

here is a link vehicle sound puzzle

Peggy

Found a magnetic fish game, but not actually a puzzle in Nes Arnold

Nes Arnold puzzle web page

bottom right corner. This item is also in their sales leaflet.

Magnetic fish game

Was £41.95

Now £16.78

Code 17CE31333

Tel:0845 120 4525

Hope this helps. :D

Peggy

Hi Julie

In the 2007 Eduzone catalogue p.22 there is a set of 4 magnetic puzzles (6,9,12 and 15 pieces) for £25.95. The pieces are magnetic - perhaps you could use a piece of thin dowling with a magnetic disc attached to one end to move the pieces.

Also on page 40 there is a magnetic wall board for £15.95 for wall fixing.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

Sue J

ps Eduzone have a website - www.eduzone.co.uk - although I haven't gone to the site yet. The phone number is 08456 445 556

Wow,

Thank you everyone for such fantastic responses. I just need to get searching now based on all your new info. I had no luck myself so really appreciate your help. I love this site!

Julie

Hi

The December copy of Early Years Educator has just landed in my in tray, and there is a small article on toys and resources for children with special needs, "singling out toys which improve confidence and concentration, those suitable for children with dyslexia or dyspraxia and those which can be played using non-verbal communication"

The website they recommend is here!

Not an exact answer to your question, but it may have some useful ideas...

Edited by Running Bunny

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)