Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sen Consent Form

Hi

If you have read my post below you will know about my current predicament. I have had a verbal agreement from a mum that I can ask our local SENCO team to some down but I could do with a written consent form or some ideas of words that I can add to mine - I have only ever had to do this once and the parents before were already aware that the child has SEN.

If anyone had got one that would be great

thanks

Deb

Hi Deb,

I work as an Early Years Inclusion support Officer and was wondering if you could not get a form/letter from your Area SENCo team. We normally carry one around with us. Another thought is does your inital parent contract mention getting the SENCo team involved if you feel a child has needs? Is Mum on board? (really should have read your other post before I wrote you this reply!!)

Julie

we ask permission for this on our initial registration form, signed by parent that we can ask for outside help if we feel appropriate. we always speak to parents before sking but if we feel the need it also gives us a chance for us to ask advice even if parent is reticent.

Inge

I do the same as Inge, permission on entry to the preschool.

You can find my registration and agreement form in the resource library. The agreement form is on page 2.

Here

Peggy

At my nursery, because we were regsitered with the Data protection Agency, I gave all parents a Fair Processing Notice when their child started which basically listed the various people that we might share information with and for what purpose, e.g. child protection issues, SEN concerns, etc. - however, I didn't actually get a parent signature in connection with this, it was more a case of informing that that it might happen. Does that make sense?!? :o

I choose to treat each case individually, especially as talking to a parent about any possible concerns I have about their child is such a sensitive thing.... getting them to sign a form might come across as very intimidating and scarey. Also, if they signed something as part of their initial registration I would not be comfortable contacting my SENCO without some kind of chat with the parent beforehand - again not very sensitive.... Once the visit has happened I may then have to draw together an IEP and this is of course discussed with the parent. I get their signature then.... Is this enough?

I DOn't have anything on my enrolement forms about this so this could be something for me to look into. But I am under the impression that I need to get parental agreement before I can get any other outside agency in to see the child. I have had a verbal agreement from mum but wanted something in writing. I know what you mean about it being intimidating and this is why I was asking how other people have worded it because mum is already under the impression that all is well and I don;t want to scare her off I want to try and make sure that he gets the help he needs. Thanks for all of you replies I am just going to have a look at peggys now

Thanks Deb

I have downloaded Peggy's form but I only seem to have the first page. Has anyone else had this problem? I am not used to Excel.

If you look at the bottom of the pane you'll see some tabs. The first tab is the first page and says 'FRONT SHEET REG FORM' and the second tab is the second page and says 'PERMISSION SHEET'. If you click on the second tab the page will be shown. :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)