Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Major Help Needed

hi sorry if this is in the wrong place but did not know where to put it.

i really need your help: i want to apply for a foundation stage coordinators job that has come up what im terrible at writing a personal statement i have been to look at the school and love it.

if they ask me questions then im fine but its writing the personal statement.

help what do i put in it can can i sell myself to them

please help me

Edited by Guest

The best advice I got was to try to back up what you say with a real-life example. I also tried this strategy when selected for interview and got the job I wanted. Also, if there is a person specification/job description/school mission statement then try to demonstrate how your skills,etc are relevant and show an awareness of the ethos of the school. It may also be worth having a peep at any recent inspection main findings to try to get a feel of what they are going to be targeting on as a school/ phase. Hope that helps a little along with the link below....Good Luck!

http://www.le.ac.uk/ssds/careers/personalstatement.html

Hi Clare, dont despair!

As Kermit suggests look at the person spec and match your self to that if you can. Say what you have done and what you enjoy and why and what your personal vision would be. Be aware of what you know about the school and why you think it would be a good place to work as well as why they should choose you. Sell yourself, this is your chance to make them want to meet you and hopefully employ you.

If you want to PM me I am happy to look over your statement if that helps.

thank so you much im really worrying about this one. i really the school and everything it stands for but the job is for a coordinators job and im worried that they will think i do not have enough experience but i know that what i take in experience in a class i make up for with lots of reading training etc.

i have 3 years teaching experience i am jumping into this too quick and do you think i stand i chance with only 3 years experience?

Clare, only they can tell you that!

Give the application a go and see what happens, what have you got to lose---youre more on the ball than your own FS coord afterall! Have you read the "Foundation Stage Teacher in action", if not give it a go and if so use some of your knowledge to spell out why you should be their next FS coord.

thank you i have been reading the book at the momment. oh this is so scary but your right what have i got to loose!

ill keep you posted.

thank you so so much

Good luck from me too Clare, you have nothing to lose and experience to gain, and your first bonus point is that you beleive in the schools ethos. :D so maybe giving examples of how you fit their ethos will help.

Peggy

thank you, thank you, thank you everyone i really appreciate all this support and encouragement you have given me the confidence to go for it. fingers crossed i get it or at least an interview first

[b]desperate help again!

i any having real trouble writing the personal statement. i know some elements to put in ie my education, experience, interests and what i belive in and i can give examples for all the personal specifactions the school ask for but i cant word any of it.

i have looked on internet and have got advise on what to put in to each paragraph and they say start with a really eye catching fisrt line/ paragrah BUT what do i write.

please help if anyone could post or pm me i would really be grateful.

I think a big part of our problem with personal statements is our reluctance to 'boast' about our own abilities. Maybe start by making a list of all the training/experience/responsibilities you have undertaken which you can then use to complete this section of the application (good for your confidence too)

Good Luck

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)