Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Windy Weather

hali

Our fence blew down when i got home from work today - rang hubby and told him...dont laugh :( only wanted me out there with hammer and nails to put it back up again!!!!!!! xD:(

Then went to college passed 6 fallen trees to find out college was closing..so now am sitting watch on the garden (for hubby) :wacko: with a cuppa. :(

Seriously though take care out there its really bad. :o

Same here Hali. It has been very scary with trees over and stuff flying all around. My husband rang to say he may be late home as two trucks had blown over on the motorway near where he works! i was supposed to be going out for lunch with my daughter and mum but decided it was too bad.

Hope everybody is safe.

Linda

PS Hali-why aren't you out there with the hammer and nails?????

We had to leave school straight away at hometime and letters have gone out to say we might be shut tomorrow if wind continues. Keep safe everyone...I'm glad my roof is still on but have lots of debris in front garden

When I got home there were 5 fence panels broken on one side (we have to replace those) on the other side nearly the whole length, about 8 panels are broken some just hanging on. The neighbours will hopefully replace the 8 panels as it's their responsibility. The wind is still very strong so I hope there's not too much more damage. Still, it's only fences nobody has been hurt nearby that's the important thing.

Sue J

Oh it has been windy up in Halifax today. Lots of traffic disruption. xD M62 was closed and maybe is still closed. I got blown over at a supermarket in Huddersfield along with a couple of other people, one who got blown into a car ouch!. :o

And now the wind sounds like it has died down for now. :D

Beth

Well I am totally peed off with the weather and the knock on effects! It has taken me 2 and a half hours to get home. All because the Motorway near work was shut and I couldn't get anywhere near the other roads to get home. So annoying!

Also our classroom door nearly blew off today and is going to have to be looked at!

That's terrible Nichola - the traffic was really bad for me too tonight. However wind not too severe this morning so I abandoned my planning (much to my TA's annoyance :o and took the children out with our windy day box and had a fab time!

Watched a windy day balamory story on the IWB this afternoon which children loved so thought i'd share the address - might come in handy tomorrow :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/balamory/hoo...kes/index.shtml

I am absolutely devastated....came home to find my stables in the road outside our house!! Blown over from the field, police, road closed complete chaos, my horses have nowhere to go so I put them into a field next to us and lo and behold the biggest tree in the world fell down and very nearly hit them, thank goodness they can move fast!!

My children are devasted I have waited 30 years for proper stables and my husband spent all summer working overtime to pay for them and then as a family we all worked together to put it up ...now there is nothing there, neighbours threatening to get shirty about their tree being damaged by the devastation it caused, a very sad and gloomy house here in Somerset, but at least we are all allright and safe, that is what we keep saying, doesn't help you feeling like s**t!

Sorry really feeling sorry for myself at the moment, by the way no insurance!

Oh Shirel that is terrible i am so sorry to hear that. I came home to find half my roof in my garden but after hearing others stories and items on the news i have come off very lightly.

ShireL, so sorry too, certainly puts my 2 broken fence panels into perspective ( which hubby duly replaced with a substitute, temporary metal one, gained from a building site).

It's a shame your neighbours aren't feeling the community spirit and offering to help you rather than complaining. Hope the horses settle and things don't look quite so bleak for you in a few days.

Peggy

Amazing what a bit of relection and watching the news does....

had a bath, children in bed (fed and watered), sandwich boxes done, horses quite happy out for the night, and I feel better, I need to be as my husband is so upset about it all, he worked so hard for us, :o

thankyou for all your lovely replies you are great friends - the best I have ever had!!!

Glad everything seems to be settling down shirel.

We have had a tree down at preschool which has fallen across our car park. Unfortunately there are two cars underneath that it we don't know who they belong to. :o We can still open tomorrow fortunately.

Thanks for your concern Sue-I am thanking my lucky stars that I wasn't the poor unfortunate woman under that wall-or a tree in our car park!

Linda

Things will look better in the morning Shirel, as I keep saying today!

The children painted a great big long windy frieze with people, houses and trees blowing in the wind after being blown around all lunchtime. We then watched Auntie Mabel and Pippin in 'A windy day' on come outside. What a lovely afternoon!

Couldn't go out in our garden though, there is a big dead tree that is currently losing lots of branches!

My own children are overjoyed - damage at their school by the wind means they are closed tomorrow - in fact four other schools that I know of are closed too! We wondered if we could send the children home anyway to get ready for Ofsted next week! Worth a thought!

Liz x