Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Transformation Fund

Has anyone applied for the transformation fund for their setting?

In my authority, at least 1/2 of the funding has to go on raising quality in BTTM and the FS. Apart from attending training (which most of my team have already), do you have any ideas of how it could be spent, as I'm in the process of putting in a claim.

For those of you who have already applied - what have you said you'll allocate the money on?

Hi

Our transformation fund can be used for training to level 3 or above or for employing a graduate into the setting I wasn't aware it could be used for other things or does this depend on your area?

( I have used the transformation fund to do my level 4 qualification and for an employee to do a level 3)

Deb

Ours states that half of it must be used on developing staff in BTTM and the FS. The form also has a box for how we will develop partnerships with parents. There is also an 'other' section where we can state how else we would like to use it.

I applied for Transformation Funding in October last year for my Foundation Degree. They were willing to pay for the whole 2 years, which would have equated out to over £1,400. But the college told them that they paid year by year, so although they did not pay for my second year, I have already been approved funding for it when it happens. I was fortunate enough to get 100% of the course fees paid this year and the same amount is set aside for next.

This morning I received a letter from the LA saying that they had worked out a bursary package as part of the transformation fund. FD students can receive £1,500 per year.

It also says on the the letter that "The value of the Transformation Fund QBP (Qualifications Bursary Payment) is directly related to the qualification being undertaken in terms of

*level/complexity

*duration of qualification

*Method of learning eg college, OU etc

*study time required to complete the course.

It is available in addition to the:

*QUALIFICATIONS MENTOR PAYMENT that is available to the registered PVI Setting that employs you..."

I'm assuming that this means that my setting can apply for a grant for them, in respect of me and my training, for the duration of the time that I am on the course.

Don't know whether that helps or not, but I have been meaning to ask the same sort of question all day!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

i have spent some of my payment on given the staff a staff bonus as an incentive for there continued good performance I have also purchased a laptop for the staff to use for learning journeys and training purposes and have also paid for a baby massage course to be put on at the nursery for parents and a baby sign course for parents and staff. Have also been told can use the money for staff to go to conferences local and NDNA. Hope this helps.