Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Qualifications Needed

Why do lots of adverts for jobs in the Nursery World still state NNEB prefered? Surely the people wanting nannies are young enough to be up to date with the new training etc. yet NNEB still requested. We must have done something right at one stage

Hi Pru - not seen you before Hi! :D

For some reason, some people still seem to refer to NNEB WHATEVER Level 3 they really mean. (I've come across recent Cache Diploma students who refer to themselves as NNEB students!) I think it may just have become a generic term for 'Level 3', but it doesn't really help. I agree it needs clearing up, but don't really know what to suggest while it's still rife in publications like Nursery World - maybe we should lobby them! Perhaps they could correct potential advertisers at the submission for printing stage?

What do you think?

Sue R :)

Hello

Can i just say although i agree with pru that jobs should be advertised with the different qualifcations us NNEBS do get a very time espacially these days as our qualifications dont seem to matter any more!!!!!

All the forms you fill out for insurance etc do not state NNEB its all nvq level 3 etc...............................

All qualifations should be stated weather gained 20 years ago or this month!!!!!!!

Sorry sore subject :D