Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Funny Things Adults Say!

After reading the Funny things kids say section, I though after my experience today I'd share a silly thing I said and hope others would add theirs so I don't look too daft!!! We were shopping today for items for our living room as we are hoping to revamp it. As usual I started wandering into other sections and saying what I would like to buy for our downstairs cloakroom. Looking at a variety of toilets, my husband was pointing out a more expensive one when I said (automatically without realising) 'I don't want to spend so much, I only want a bogstandard toilet' !!!!

Well today I came out with a corker. Joe asked what was for tea and I replied 'Spaghetti with pasta' obviously I didn't mean that and I meant to say Spaghetti with sausages and tomato sauce, not quite sure why I said the 1st! He thought it was funny and has been reminding me about it all evening!

of course not Sue xD

Great idea for a new post kermit :D , I'm sure I've said loads of 'daft' things but brain not awake yet, so can't remember any. :o

Peggy

Hi

i remember, when i worked in a primary school, playing a new game with a small group of children.

I explained how to play etc, gave the dice to a child and said

'off you go then' meaning.. roll the dice, you've guessed it.....

they got up and went to play somewhere else :oxD:(

Jo

a teacher at school took a taxi to go on a course

on the way chatting to the taxi driver

he asked her what her job was and she explained she was a teacher

she then turned to him and said

and what job do you do?????

Bless

Jo

At my god-daughter's nursery, the nursery nurse set up an activity to support the 'people who help us' topic, with Postman Pat books, a 'jess' cat, dressing up clothes and a red mail van.

The van was placed in the middle of the table and the children were supplied with paper and red paint (aarghhh!) and asked to paint Postman Pat's van...

so they did....

LITERALLY!

The red mail van was covered in red paint and not a drip of paint was put on the paper!

Note to practitioners: Explain thyself properly when dealing with under 3s!

As a student teacher I'm on my first placement in a nursery class.On Friday the children got changed for P.E and one little boy said he couldn't get his shorts on. I took look at him as he sat on his chair and saw that he had the shorts on. I said, "Well done, you have got them on, up you get." and I turned away. Hearing laughter behind me I turned around to see the poor little lad jumping away from his chair with both legs through one leg-hole of his shorts. Luckily he found it funny too! He must have thought I was real a nutter though!