Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Moving Premises

I just wanted to share the fact that the preschool where i work (for the past 5 years) is moving premises to a brand new 'homelodge' in the grounds of the local primary school! Things are very very tight, all the staff are moving the equipment/furniture etc etc tomorrow and we open our doors on Monday!! And some of the tradesmen are still working on it!!!!

How strange it will be to not have to move everything in and out of a cuboard every single day!!

And we will be able to have sand and water (limited where we are as the dance school use the hall too) and we will be able to display the children's work wherever we like!! How novel!!

Jenni x

Good luck in your new home! Hope the move goes well.

Can remember when we moved into our own premises over 12 years ago now, came across photos the other day of the children (one of whom was my middle son) carrying equipment over like some books so that they were involved too. It was all of 50 yards. Enjoy, I''m sure you've worked hard for it!

Wow, jealous too, so I should keep dreaming, it just might happen for me too :D

Wishing you and your staff and children all the best in your new 'homelodge' :D

Peggy

Well the place looks like a bomb has gone off, the fencing is unfinished, there were 7 builders still on site and all staff and helpers now have arms as long as a gorilla's!!!!! (and back ache, neck ache etc etc)

You really dont realise how much stuff you have until you have to move it!! Everyone's back in tomorrow to try and restore some sort of order before Monday!!!

Jenni x

Doubt you will get time to read this but hope you do find time for a nice hot soak in the bath to ease away the aches and just remember Rome wasn't built in a day, take one step at a time and I am sure the children will love to help tomorrow. :D

How exciting for you :D

Peggy

Thank you for your replies. I must say, its lovely to have a nice smart and clean building but I am finding it quite hard to get used to! Every door (office, store cupboard, kitchen etc) has a key, all these rooms have to be unlocked/locked every time we enter or leave it, I feel like a prison warden!!! :) And the main hall is quite a bit smaller than the old place, so it will take time to adjust to the smaller (but much nicer) space!

The children all seemed to love it, and settled well. But they seemed especially fasinated by the toilets which are tiny with brightly coloured doors!

And on out first day we were given a large wooden 'shop' (like a wendy house) from a garden centre! :D:D:D

When I have more time I will post some photo's.

Jenni x