Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Childrens Centre Funding

Can anyone tell me if a child is attending a Childrens Centre and paying fees how much does the Centre receive per child if they are over 3 years. I have a few meetings coming up but we never get a proper answer to this question. If we have some ideas from around the country it may help. I know the DFES have asked all local authorities to tell them how much is being allocated per different type of settings.

hi

I'm not completely certain but I think 3 year olds receive the usual funded place if they are in day care in a children's centre, just as they would in a day nursery or nursery class.

Don't quote me though!

In our area, all nurseries on the "directory". i.e. the voluntary, independent and private providers in receipt of nursery education grant, including children's centres, receive the same amount of funding per child.

• 2 weeks later...

Although I think they are probably the same, the fact is that at the moment they have other funding available and if you read the National Audit's Office report on Childrens Centres you will find that some of the centres do not know how much their actual costs are as they have other monies to support their services at the moment - some are on budget and some are overspent!! But you will also see that many of them are very concerned that when the grants and funding are reduced/withdrawn then they like us will have difficulties sustaining their provision in the way they currently do with only the NEG funding to support them.

Nikki

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)