Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nvq Assessing

:D Hello, I'm new to this!! so bear with me... I am training to be an NVQ Assessor, but seem to have been just left to my own devices... Is this the norm??? Is there any one else trying to complete the A1 Assessors award.... or any one who can offer advice or reccommend websites?

Hello sharpy, I cant help you but there will be a host of willing people along at some point, it might be a bit late now. :D

I did the underpinning knowledge for the old D32/33 years ago but never completed due to not having a clue what I was suposed to be doing, but thats my life in a nutshell :o

Welcome to the forum :D

Rea, I had exactly the same problem as you - I felt it was like learning a new language! I think it must be easier to train as an assessor if you have already gone through the NVQ process as a student. I must admit I wish I'd stuck at it now but at the time I was left completely to my own resources - there were twelve of us training and not one of us completed it. :o

I really think you need to have done an NVQ before doing the course as it is a totally different way of learning. I am doing my assessors course in April but have NVQ in Business Administration and Childrens Care Learning and Development.

I did the old D32/33 years ago & have done quite a bit of assessing. I'm hoping I might have an opportunity to do the new qualification soon.

Hello Sharpy and welcome to the forum :D

Like the others I did the D32/33 years ago but my portfolio was lost prior to verification so never did receive the award :o

Sorry unable to help with your query but be assured someone will be along soon. xD

Good luck with it, have a word with the assessment centre or awarding body as to how and where you can get support, if only it being a translator for the jargon :(

Peggy

Thanks for your replies. I do have two other NVQ's ..... Customer Service & Business Administration.... So I am pretty familiar with NVQ 's (although they have changed over the years!!) but it's writing the plans and observations that I'm more concerned about. I want to make sure that I cover everything.... I hoped they would show me examples of how to cover a unit effectively. Has anyone got any to share!!! :o

Guest cathy m

assessment_plans_CCLD_301_305.docHi Sharpy

I completed the A1 award 6 months ago and I know what you mean about 'feeling your way in the dark' There should be another assessor who is mentoring you and oversigning all your assessment judgements. You also need to attend some standardisation meetings and have copies of minutes as evidence that you were there.

My college uses assessment plans but I also use some resources I produced. Someone on another forum kindly shared her assess plans and I adapted those. Ive included plans for level 3 which were shared with me.

I have some observation records if they would help but I will need to anonymise them first

Cathy

I found a site last night that looks really useful for both employers and students. It has a list of qualifications that can be studied for/handbooks for students/employers along with some key framework documents. It covers England, Scotland and Wales the site was last updated 2005 but if you select 'popular links' there are links to much more. There is also an advice booklet on how to get 'that job' that you can read online..it is really worth a look at!!

http://www.early-years-nto.org.uk/downloads_fr.html

Sorry, haven't been around much this last week due to a whole host of things! However, just wanted to say that I have (hopefully) just completed my A1 and can help out if you are really stuck on something. :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)