Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

A Little Thanks

Was driving home and a few examples of good practice that I have seen the last couple of days popped in to my head. Then I realised that I had observed them, and only thought to myself how good they were, and how pleased with them I was. I never got round to saying a 'well done' or anything.

I've just sat at home and quickly devised these little notelets, so that I can pop one in people's trays every now and again - AS WELL as giving them verbal praise at the time. They're a bit daft, but will be appreciated I think:

By_the_way.doc

They are lovely and I am sure they would be appreciated, we all need a bit of praise and gratitude. :):)

Do one for yourself for being so thoughtful to think of such a lovely idea!

Shelly1

Great idea! sometimes managers/owners are so quick to mention things that need improving and just expect the good practice so forget to praise the exceptional practice they see or hear about from parents. I received a lovely Christmas card thanking me and mentioning specific things I had done espcially well - I cannot express how good this made me feel. So to get a little note now and again would be very appreciated.

I do something very similar! also little things like a new pen or a funny rubber, flowers, chocs wine always goes down well! also something silly every now and then actually it costs me a fortune but they are well worth it and I wouldnt have such a lovely little nursery if it wasnt for them and the little things they do make all the difference!

I am quite excited about it (!!!) - going to give some out tomorrow.

Running Bunny - where did you get your signature quote from - it's lovely?!

Edited by Guest

Running Bunny - where did you get your signature quote from - it's lovely?!

To be absolutely honest - I can't remember! I only changed it last week so I guess I found on something at work... I thought that it just summed up what my role is in supporting providers - ensuring that children are given a range of experiences during the short time that they are in our care.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the note pad thank you idea. I always use free certificate downloads, but this ideas is good for thanking staff for the little things they do. I alway write personal notes in staff Christmas cards and attach a small token of my apprieciation. some staff are writing thank you's back to me in the cards they send. Little gestures sometimes make all the stress worth while, and make the work place happier. Happy staff, happy children, great nursery atmosphere!

Thank you all.

Maria