Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Red Nose Day 2007

Marion

I love it, can't wait :D

( mind you the alcohol consumption over the last few weeks have certainly caused me to have a near permanent red nose :oxD )

Thanks for the link / reminder Marion :D

Peggy

• 2 months later...

We managed to collect lots of pennies on red nose day by filling up the boxes the nose came in. Please can anyone tell me how to take them to the bank/post office. Do I have to sort it all out into correct money bags or can I just take it along in a bag and pass it to the banker in one amount. Someone told me I need an account number? :o

Don't know about the account number but you may find that the Post Office does, or you could check up on line. They do like you to have counted it into money bags by denomination, pop in and ask for some if you haven't any. Then they check by weighing them. Then you have an argument about the weight as they insist you have counted wrongly- so you count the bag, and low and behold the number is correct- that's my usual experience anyway- still we all smile and remain friendly. :o:D

Hi Jessica

Some banks have stopped taking coins over the counter and changing it into notes. But you can pay it into an account. Try finding a bank that is supporting Comic Relief-you should be able to pay it straight into their account.

Oh, and I would count it and bag it if I were you! I doubt they will smile sweetly and do it for you!!!

Linda