Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Little Gits

Rea

Someone broke into our car on new years eve. We found it looking sad on the pub car park yesterday. Why do people do it? All they took was 3 coats from the back seat and a small storage box with my playgroup stuff in, they'll get a shock when they open that! Buttons, ribbons, old key, multi cloured pencils, small map, ruler, magnifying glass, tweezers, stickers (which they havent earned, and stealing them wont put you on the happy side !) and stuff I cant remember.

I'm really not that bothered, what gets me is our car. It's a red Rover 45, horrible car, totally understand how they went out of business, but it's jinxed. This is the 2nd time in as many years the window has been popped. It has more dents than a car has any right to, all caused by other people in car parks. Huge scratches down the sides indicate the cars that hit me were 4x4's. GO TO THE COUNTRY, this is suburbia, we have narrow roads and parking bays, speed bumps, mini roundabouts, cul-d-sacs, not miles of empty moor land. Or, if you must stay here, acknowledge when you've hit my car instead of driving off you lilly livered dullards.

Ah feel better now :D

Oh Rea! How horrible, you are justifiably angry. Makes me mad too, and now you have to make your ribbon/button etc collection all over again - frustrating! :o

If its any consolation it was probably someone too drunk to appreciate what they did and with any luck they woke up yesterday feeling very ill indeed and with a bizarre box of spoils!

Liz x

How horrible for you.................................a similar thing happened to our youngest daughter last christmas day........we'd been to our son's for the day and Lucy had just dropped her sister off and was actually almost outside our house, when 3 lads jumped out from behind the hedge(which we have now removed!!) and smashed her rear window.As she was on her own, she was too frightened to do anything, and we arrived literally 5 minutes after the event,Hubby ran around trying to find the louts, but of course, they had disappeared.The police did come out, but thepolice woman who came was clearly really not interested.So, poor Lucy ended uphaving to pay £75 excess on her insurance to have it fixed.If i'd have caught these lads, it would certainly have been smacked bottoms all round, I can tell you! Worst thing is, we live in a small village, so we almost certainly know these lads, but Lucy was so shocked and it all happened so quickly, she can't identify them.

I hope you feel better about it all soon.

You deserve the 'good' stickers for leaving the car in the pub car park :) .

I felt very angry at a bloke in the pub the other night who was baosting about getting caught drink driving whilst banned from a previous drink driving charge :o He got another 5 year ban, personally I think he should have been locked up. xD It took me a lot of reserve not to tell him what a low life I thought he was and that I think all drink drivers should also be banned from every pub for the duration of their drink drive ban. :(

Put a notice up at preschool when you start back for a new collection of buttons, ribbons, etc, maybe even make it a sponsored event, at least the children will enjoy being little magpies for you :D

As for 4 x 4's, when we have the four children we will need a 6 seater, I promise to drive carefully and as we go past parked cars we will all suck our breaths in to make the squeeze easier :(:( :wacko:

Peggy

As for 4 x 4's, when we have the four children we will need a 6 seater, I promise to drive carefully and as we go past parked cars we will all suck our breaths in to make the squeeze easier

Well I did mean to say ...either live in the country or LEARN TO DRIVE. I do acknowledge that big families need big cars, but you can bet your bottom dollar I was hit by a fake tanned, blonde, who was talking on her up to date mobile, while wondering where to go for lunch, after she'd had her roots done. And I know that from where I was parked. :o

Thank goodness I qualify for the 4x4, :D:D five children, reddy-brown hair, brick-sized mobile, deathly-naturally pale-skinned, hate doing lunch and never go to hairdressers, live in the sticks, tattered and very dirty Land rover, (10-seater), must remind my husband we still have room for more children!! :oxD

Edited by Guest

What a horrible start to the NewYear. I do wish these people realised the distress and inconvenience they cause and for what?

My car was broken into in the school car park and they got away with some loose change I keep for car park fees! but the damage they did took weeks to sort out!

Well I came to go out today and when I bought the car home yesterday and put the seat belt on something happened to it. Maybe there was glass in the slot. Well now I have to climb into a locked seat belt and get out the same way. NOT FUNNY. :o

But we did tell the police the reg of a car we'd seen nearby at the time, they have since called us back to say that car has been involved in 2 other incidents over the Christmas period. So hopefully they will get their comupance shortly :(

PS I have nothing against women with fake tans, blonde hair with or without roots showing, or up to the minutre mobiles, or even those who lunch. Just people who cant drive. Just thought I should put that straight xD

No need put anything straight Rea, I think we all got the jist of what you were saying, my neighbour has just had the same thing happen to her car,

left at friends over the new year came back to collect it and found the seats torn, coats stolen and to top it all the mindless idiots stole some of the children's toys left in the car!! :oxD She didn't want to take the toys into the party in case they got broke!!

Also one of the coat's was a present from here mum!

Let's hope things can only get better for 2007.

Edited by Guest

Oh Rea ... what rotten luck. At least you still seem to be keeping some semblance of 'humour' alongside the feeling of frustration. Hope things improve.

Harricroft xx

Ba......s

What a pain in the a..

Just takes up so much time trying to sort everything out - hope you get everything sorted soon - good idea for a button collection

Nikki