Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Tips Booklets For Parents In Fs Unit

Hi,

I need to produce a booklet for parents which explains briefly how we teach MD and CLL and also gives them tips to help and support their child at home.

Rather than starting from scratch I was hoping some of you lovely people would be willing to share one with me.

My email address is 'carolineglasper@hotmail.com'

Thanks in advance x

Cazza, have you tried these leaflets as the work is done for you . I have used them for my parents and think they are quite good and look professional

http://www.early-education.org.uk/

Forgot to say you can download them too, to look at them and can order them or print them for free I believe

Many years ago at playgroup we used to give out a list of things parents could do to help with MD and CLL. These included things like talking about what was happening i.e. This isnt our bus we want the no.2 that one's the no. 3., Lets read the shopping list, we need milk, eggs, bread. When reading to their child we asked them to run their finger under the words to show the direction the words went in and to show that each word linked to the print on the page. Maths had loads of examples, counting out the breakfast bowls, counting the stairs to bed, playing in the bath, full, empty etc. We linked all of the suggestions to every day activities to try to encourage parents to talk to their children rather than thinking maths and language could only be learnt from buying a work book to sit with. It was the kinds of things most parents do anyway, but pointing out to them how it helped the children to learn gave them encouragement. :D

I put a few things together on the web site which havent transfered brilliantly to a word document but might give you an idea. We also use the free Jolly Phonics leaflets and some numeracy leaflets we get from BEAM. The leaflets from the early education site are really good and I have given these to parents when extra help /info is needed. We use the Rigby reading scheme and the teachers books also have useful info for parents also the Durham extranet.

HOW_DO_WE_KNOW_IF_YOUR_CHILD_IS_READY_TO_REA1.doc

Hi, I don't know whether this will help, but I wrote a booklet for parents of our Foundation / Key Stage 1 class (I work in a Special School - so the curriculum's not as straight forward). Anyway if it helps then great, if not, nothing lost.

Nic

Hi, I don't know whether this will help, but I wrote a booklet for parents of our Foundation / Key Stage 1 class (I work in a Special School - so the curriculum's not as straight forward).

Anyway if it helps then great, if not, nothing lost.

Good luck

Nic

Oops - forgot attachment - here it is

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)