Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Experienced Reception Teachers

Hi there,

I would love to be able to email and experienced reception teacher who would be willing to look through my plans and see if they are ok. I am not an NQT but I haven't been in reception for long and our school is a one form entry. I am currently doing my numeracy plan and just need some help with it.

My email is laurarapley@btinternet.com

Laura xx

My school is currently in special measures and our planning has come under a lot of scrutiny- the last HMI inspection (last month) said my reception planning was 'good' and very thorough. In comparison to some it is VERY detailed, each objective for each lesson is differentiated into 3 learning outcomes for ability- but if you want any help i would be glad to. email--- kay-corrigan22@hotmail.com :o

ecorri I would be very interested in having a look at your plans if that would be okay. We've just been put into special measures and although our planning hasn't been deemed an issue as such, I'd still like to see how other receptions plan when they are being scrutinised a little more tightly if you don't mind.

Thanks

D xxx

I would be very grateful for a sneaky peak also!! We are due an inspection and have never been through one before so it would be good to have an idea of what they are looking for.

hi,

hope everyones had a good week.

Does everyone do weekly plans?

How much detail is put in them?

when doing CLL and MD do you include independent activities? and are they CLL and MD based?

How many hours of CI do you do?

I'm sure I will thnk of more questions

hi laura...

good week.... wow.... pleh :o ... yeah it's been a good week, b ut I forgot how tiring it is getting up at 6:30!... it's taken a lttle adjusting to again..., but that aside, it's always great getting back in and seeing the children again after the break!

Wekly plans - yeah we do a weekly plan for CLL, MD and KUW... we don't have that much detail on them as our MTPs are quite detailed... and I have always believed that the plans are for you or others to teach from... so long as you or any one else can teach from it, then why go overboard with information?

The weekly plans just have any directed whole class teaching on, focused group tasks, the continous provision is covered on the MTPs so that doesn't need to be on there (unless I want to remind myself to specifically focus on something), and the DLOs and success criteria.

CLL and MD - when we have these sessions - there is always a selection of activities for the children to access, some related to the focus that week, some related to our topic, and the usually continous provision is ALWAYS out for them to access. Usually only one of the activities is an adult focus... sometimes two if we feel the children will get more out of it with an adult. For the adult focus, we check off orselves as each child has done it... for some of the others, we have A3 laminated ticklists for the children to mark off themselves when they have done it, which isn't to say that we make every child do that task... it's just intetresting to see who has done it xD still making sense? :(

How much time? - we have 3 'CLL' and 'MD' sessions a week... and I've put them in inverted commas to mean that we use the term CLL and MD loosely, and they are never soley based on just CLL and MD... as the actvities will always cover CD, PD, KUW and PD aswell...

but then I guess if you count phoncs as CLL too, then we do probably about another hour on top of that if you add up all the little sessions before luch, at the start of the day etc when we play phonics games, sing rhymes and chants etc ...

hope that all reads right...

paulparkie@gmail.com (I like sneaky peaks at others' planning too :( )

Hi ecorri1,

I would be interested in seeing your plan too. I'm in my first year of teacher training and need to get to grips with differentiation and it seems to me that you're quite thorough with it. Is it ok if I email you?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all You are all discussing the very thing I spend week after wwek agonising over and feel as if I am getting v.wrong could anyone share their plans with me too I have not been in reception long and I think i am getting it wrong - I work in a similar too that mentioned here but seem to spend a lot of time planning for areas and i'm not sure i need to do that and I feel it is slightly to the detriment of the focus jobs please help!!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)