Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ultraversity

Well, as I am avoiding admin work I had another look at this degree.

Has anyone else out there heard of this on-line University, or had any experience of studying with them.?

I have contacted my LA to see if the degree comes into the remit for transformation funding and I have contacted Ultraversity for an initial application.

I like the look of this degree because it is purely on line and is based on research of my current work practice, thus done whilst I am at work :D

Peggy

here's the link

Ultraversity

Hi Peggy. That looks really similar to the one I am doing, in that it is largely work based. My FD is 90% work based but I do have to attend college every Tuesday evening and one Saturday a month. We have to write reflective journals for our course which is basically picking out situations and discussing your positive/negative thoughts about it. You also have to consider other view points in them.

I've never heard of Ultraversity before though so can't really shed any more light on them.

Personally, I prefer the college thing because we get to meet up with like minded people and the debates can be really interesting! I find the support from my college group really helpful. We shared email addresses and telephone numbers at the start of the year and are generally in close contact throughout the term. It's good to know that there are others going through the same difficulties or triumphs as you!

If you decide to go for it, good luck!!

Thanks for your response Clare, I have already got credits worth 260 points some at 1st year and some at 2nd year level, I am also looking for a degree which I can do totally from home / work.

I am too busy with business side of preschool and the 4 new foster children to attend college / uni in the evenings, as it is my actual course work will most probably be done during twilight hours. :D:o

As there is only myself and one other at preschool I cannot commit to 'regular' days away from preschool, this too has financial implications to me, basically staff cover costs for me would come out of my already less than minimum wage profit earnings. xD

I do know what you mean though about the comradeship and support gained from attending evening / day sessions. :D

Marion, thanks so much for the links, I shall have a closer look later. :D

Peggy

Hi Peggy

With 260 points you may be able to go now for EYP status. You can get cover costs through the transformation fund. They seem to have dropped the need for full degree level. I would get in touch with the NDNA and ask. Never heard of Ultraversity but I am doing distance learning for my degree through Northumbria University which requires my attendance 21 hours over 7 months. Very different way of learning but I am enjoying it

Hello Peggy

I followed your link and it looks like you will be studying with the Anglia Ruskin University. I am going to take the Foundation Degree with them using the distance learning route (well hope to i have got a telephone interview on tuesday). The university is listed on the transformation fund documents for the foundation degree so hopefully your course will be covered as well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)