Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Christmas Help!

I have asked my brother 3 times in the last week what he wants for Christmas, and he keeps saying nothing. Quite clearly I can't get him nothing!

He has a partner and a 6 year old daughter. He works his socks off and doesn't appear to have any hobbies.

Every year I feel like I just get him something for the sake of it.

Some inspirational ideas would be FAB - help!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Shelly, firstly you can get him nothing see the link here. If it works scroll down the list a bit. Sorry couldn't resist :o .

On a more serious note, a voucher for a nice meal out, a magazine subscription.

Hopefully someone will have some better ideas later on

My 'lads' like fun things especially computery gadgets- a robotic dog was popular last year, or an iduck memory stick. We also have an idog which moves and flashes when attached to the computer. They like anything to do with Dr. Who and Star Wars. Totally useless stuff is in the shops to do with those.

Does he like Terry Pratchett books? What about theatre tickets and offer to babysit while they go out, or a meal voucher. If you are really flush one of those adventure days out- perhaps share the cost with another family member. They are expensive though - there is hot-air ballooning, falconry, racing cars etc. You could think up a poor mans version and send him off to the zoo- family day out - or tickets for the Millenium wheel or it's equivalent in Manchester. A family ticket to the local bowling alley. Digital radios seem popular as well and any kind of ipod thingy - with a lead to charge it and play it in the car. The last resorts are socks and jumpers! You could just make a stocking full of little bits of things.

My hubby's 43 and just bought 2 remote controlled cars and now has the job of deciding whether to give one or both as gifts. He wants them himself and he also wants a helicopter. Why does the word toys rhyme with boys?

My brother is the same, we've bought him a printer...woopy do :o

YIPPEE :D

Thanks for the link fairynough, I found and have now ordered hubby a USB Turntable, I think for the 1st time in 10 years I've actually bought him something he needs and will enjoy. :D

Also as a house hubby he can spend his non housework time transferring all his 70's / 80's vinyl collection to CD :D

I am so chuffed. :o

Peggy

When I first met my (now) husband, I never knew what to get him, so I made him some 'vouchers' to cash in when he needed something...

New slippers

Shirt for work

Ties

Meal out for two

Night at the cinema

You could do something similar for things that he uses, but doesn't necessarily need at the moment - CDs, books, paying for car washes (or offering to do this for him??!) babysitting.

Some of the other suggestions on here have been fab too!

My brother and sisters are all giving each other 'alternative' charity presents this year. Nearly all the charities seem to do them. I'm giving, via St Mungo's, the London charity for homeless people, a set of gardening tools to help someone get employment as a gardener. Then on Boxing Day we have a 'Christmas raffle' ie we all have a raffle ticket to win a present that costs under £1. The fun bit of that is arranging the swaps afterwards so we all end up with something vaguely appropriate! It's surprising what you can still buy in Woolworths for under a £1.

These are such brilliant ideas!!

Keep it up, folk.....

Rea, how perceptive of you - I have bought son a keyring pouch kite, son in law an aeroplane kit and husband - ahem, you don't want to know!!! :o

Toys/boys - made for each other!!

Sue

(Steve and others, just forget you read this.....!)