Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Moderation - Speaking And Listening

Found out this week we are being moderated in Feb on speaking and listening profile points. Maybe it's just me but I feel that this is quite a difficult area to provide evidence for as opposed to writing or creative, etc where children actually produce things to provide evidence. Obviously am doing the usual - post it's, formal observations (1 per child per term) and annotated photos but is there anything I'm missing?

I work in a school with high % of EAL kids we record them quite a lot. You only need to set up a microphone and these can tie in with your obs

we have just had our moderator in for a morning to have a look round,when she comes back to do the moderating in march ours is also K.U.W. and P.S.E.

I have just checked my letter and it says we are being moderated in PSE (all scales) and the Language for Communication strand of CLL sometime during March. Not sure why this is different to everybody else's as you seem to be on year 4 of the profile and doing PSE (all scales) and KUW. However the table at the back of the profile does say it is only a guideline as to how the visits could be managed so can only presume that my LEA (Oldham) has decided a different focus this year.

Anyone out there from Oldham to clarify??????

Ours is PSE (Dispositions and attititudes plus Emotional Development strands) and K + U of World, I had a minor panic when I spotted a different focus mentioned.....What evidence can you supply for attitudes though, will observations do?

Some borough moderation teams do vary their focus depending on local needs - if you look in the handbook it only says this is how moderators "could" do it and also that moderators should be prepared to deal with any issues arising in relation to any of the scales.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)