Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help

Hi Marion.

Can I just ask where the predictions came from. Is is it DfES stuff? Just want to show it in SMT tomorrow and want to explain its origin. :)

Thanks

Edited by Guest

I know I've said this before but the NAA say there is no statistical correlation between FSp scores and KS1 outcomes and you cannot predict them and any such activity has to be treated with caution. That's the key message!

There are many different levelling support materials, in fact your LA primary strategy literacy team will probably have stuff on this so I would approach them in the first instance, there are also level descriptors in the Ros Wilson books on big writing/target setting. Best practice would be levelling and moderation samples of writing/reading (we also suggest running records for that) from which tracking and targets are derived.

Cx

Hi Marion.

Can I just ask where the predictions came from. Is is it DfES stuff? Just want to show it in SMT tomorrow and want to explain its origin. :)

Thanks

They came for our LA and are targets for Year 1 rather than predictions for SATs

I used the Ros Wilson material to make these tracking sheets for writing............hope they are useful.

Writing_progression_Ros_Wilson_criterion.doc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)