Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Mixed Age Planning- Journets Or Transport

Hello, I am feeling so fed up at the moment and really need the holiday to catch up on some sleep.

I am supposed to be following the topic heading of either Journeys or Transport after Christmas . Has anyone got any planning they can share for a mixed Reception/ Year 1 class please. I have never done this topic before and could really do with some help.

Thanks

oops that was journeys not journets as in the title :o

Thanks Jacquie- that's the book with the smarties on isn't it? I will try and get hold of it?

Thanks to you too Suzanne, I have seen that planning I was just looking for something that already had the year 1 objectives too. I really am probably being lazy just feeling really uninspired at the moment. :)

I found this which I am going to use with the Year 1s in my class when I do Rosie's walk and journeys in the second half of the spring term....

I am currently trying to do that planning as I have a trainee teacher during that time and she needs the planning to look at and alter ready for her time in my class.... I will post it when completed if you think it might help.

Geography__Rosies_Walk.doc

Hi Lorna, anything would be a great help at the moment my head teacher has gone assessment mad and I am beginning to wonder why I am doing this job!!!

I am dreading the holidays as I realise how much work I will need to do!!!

That Rosie's walk stuff is great, thanks for sharing. I already did some of the Geog unit all around us. We made a large 3D table top map and wrote our own version of the story using our class Travelling Ted. I also made those little people that Peggy mentioned using photos of the children. They used them to model there route from home to school.

The more I think the more ideas I am having it's just getting everything on paper.

Oh by the way, how did you find that science stuff I posted you? Because I came across this the other day and just thought I would share it here. Scroll down the list and you will see mixed age plans year A and B. I have used the light ones this Term and they have been easy to follow.

Thanks Lorna :)

no worries ASPK- it was one of those things I came across on the net whilst looking for something else. I have used the light planning and it seemed Ok.

Thanks Kermit I am off to have a look at that link

I really don't know what I would do with out the fsf

Thanks everyone :)

The science stuff you sent me is brilliant.... makes life much easier.... i will be doing the planning mentioned above next week and will post it when complete....

If its any help to anyone I have planning on People who help us for a mixed year R/1 class that is now finished and I am willing to post..

L

I haven't got mixed year planning but here's my medium term plan for Reception just in case there's anything useful in it. medium_term_plan.doc I can never begin to imagine how people manage mixed year planning. The very thought of it makes my head spin. I know of someone who has a mixed YR/Y1/Y2 class - the horrors of that don't bear thinking about.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)