Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Who's Ready For Christmas Then....?!

Well, not me for starters!

Traditionally the tree and decorations have always gone up in our house on my birthday, although this year Mum and Dad decided not to do it, as I don't live with them anymore. Hasn't bothered them in all the 6 years I have lived away from them :( .

So today, I have been having a mass clearout in preparation for the tree we bought last year, which is, quite frankly, too big for our house but I love it (not keen on putting it up though!). I spent the morning clearing out the walk in cupboard, that you can't walk in to :o to dig out said tree, and do you think I could find it? No chance! Found all the tinsel though :( ! In order to get into the walk in cupboard, I had to clear out all the presents I have got so far, which isn't easy with a nosy toddler in tow!

They are all piled unceremoniously on my bed and all over the floor in the bedroom, so no chance of sleeping in there at this rate (still, at least I've got the space in the living room that I cleared for the mysteriously disappearing Christmas Tree xD ). Looking at them all piled up, I realised that I'm not even half way through it all yet! Still got 11 people still to get for and I'm panicking slightly that I'm not going to have time.

Hope there are others as poorly organised as me! :(

Ooh Clare I have a cupboard just like yours (in fact several actually). I tried to find our outdoor lights today to put on the Christmas tree in the garden. Well everything fell on me and there was chaos all over the floor. I could only find the indoor lights. Thing is I can't seem to get evrrything back in the cupboard and it all went in before :o

My children insist on a real tree, so I have put the fairy lights up all over the house, way over the top, but the children love it!!

As for presents, nearly there, prob still running around at the last minute though!!

Good luck everyone, this is such a busy time of year for us lot, working, studying and looking after our families, aren't we fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, today Simon dug the tree out of the walk in cupboard, which miraculously, still can't be walked into :o and I have just spent the last 2 HOURS assembling the thing and undoing the tangle of lights. It's still not done and I'm slowly losing the will to live! Saying that though, the presents are all wrapped and ready to go, but I just need to get the other 11! xD

Guest MaryEMac

Our tree and decs go up next week after my birthday. I have most of the presents but still don't know what to get my husband. I spent yesterday writing the cards and they are now in piles on the dining table to be posted, given out at playgroup, hand delivered or taken to my Dad's or Father in law's to be collected by relations ( a logistical nightmare!!). :o

Mary

Tree went up yesterday with the other decs, all done now although as soon as the chocs went on the tree my two kids asked can we have a choc off the tree!!! A world record i think between putting them on and wanting one off, can't type what I said to them! (they are 11 and 14 and should know better to push mum at this time of year when the school play is next week, there are decs to be made, I have a SEN statement review due in and my dishwasher has died!!!! :o ) Wow feel much better now! :)

Have got all my presents though, hooray for the internet and the wonder that is ebay! My daughter wanted a digi makeover thing which I found out this weekend is the most wanted toy for teen girls - shades of buzz lightyear all those years ago! Sold out everywhere - but no ebay to the rescue! Cost £15 extra but that's the price you pay.

Needless to say all this seems to have passed my husband by, although I nearly fainted with shock as he asked what I wanted this year. Usually I end up buying and wrapping my own! Bonus really - its only taken him 13 years to get organised!

Roll on the end of term I'm knackered already!

Still it is fun really!

Liz x

Our tree went up yeserday looks lovely. :D Our front window looks the part now as we have more decs up on it. xD We tend not to dec all the rooms up, just cant be bothered and we dont have many cards to put up. :(

Now it feels like christmas! :o

Beth

My tree will probably go up on Thursday as it is real and I don't like it to look droopy too soon. That is also the date of the Winter equinox. Then all my decorations will go up. I will be making Christingles tomorrow as well as helping to put up the Church tree and all the greenary (very Pagan) as we have our Church Carol Service on Sunday evening. It will be all hands on deck tomorrow and mulled wine and mince pies to keep us all going. Tonight we went out with Santa's float raising money for the homeless- towards an emergency shelter- more nights to come. It is great fun and so lovely to see the chidlren's faces when we turn up in thier streets. People ring up to see when we are coming.