Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Urgent Help Needed

Sorry Andrea, i tried PMing you, but the messages seemes very slow transferring across tonight. I have always been happy if children had had 1:1 support used before they start in reception if that is what is needed prior to school, and often needs to carry on. We have always worked with the parents before hand during the integration of support in ur nursery class. I have had it both ways- children with help at nrsery who have continued o need it in recpetion and those that don;t need it as they enter reception. I wouldn't have thoght the support would have been detrimental for a child. If a setting decides they need support with a child, and has the support of an area SENCo, which is usually the case, (and was in ours in the past), then surely it is needed in the best interests of the child and its peers/adults around.

yes I agree thank you hali I will go and talk to head tomo.This child is being obs by autistic team they are having awful probs and still the mum blames us for asking the area senco to come in last year!What are we meant to do just ignore it? They had serious social problems and didnt have the correct speech or know how,constantly asked the same question about what was next etc and obsessed.I think i will point out to the head how we follow the sen code of practise and wouldnt be doing our job if we didnt.thanks again goodnight :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)