Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Assessment On Monday Aaaaaaaaaaaargh

Ooh it's come round quick!

I started this job Sept 2004 and at the interviews in the July was told that the group were going through the accreditation process and would be finished in September... We were also due to be in a new build by then too. As we would have to be reassessed once we moved, the PLA allowed us to defer the assessment. We moved in Sept 2005 and have waited since then for the blooming assessment!!!!

To be honest I'm fed up with it all and have decided to see what happens and to do any action required rather than break my neck trying to cover all the bases and then find they don't even look at stuff I've worked on!

My worry is my new deputy. She is taking it all very hard and feels that if we don't pass that the staff will have let me and our very hardworking administrator down. I want to cry for her! Not all the staff have standards as high as ours but they still work to a high standard compared to a lot of other groups IYKWIM :o and so I'm not worried but bless her - we left the building at 6pm after she had gone through the H+S file over nad over (her responsibility) so that she knew that all she could do had been done.

Anyway enough waffle, sorry just trying to save dh from it!

Think of us on Monday......

Good luck for Monday Pandamonium! We completed most of our accreditation at my old group and then we were told the group were being taken over by the school so they never went through the final assessment. Shame really it was alot of work. Anyway, hope it all goes smoothly for you - bit like Ofsted really!!

Good luck, hope it goes well. Think you've got the right attitude, which obviously comes with the confidence of knowing you do a good job. Guess it's only natural though to worry. Let us know how you get on.

Thanks guys...

For those that have been through it - is it like Ofsted? Do they ask staff lots of questions? This is worrying my poor dep too as she worries she doesn't know enough. I said that she would know where to find info and IMO that's good enough but am I wrong????

:oxD:(

Well she seemed pleased with what she saw!

A few bits to do before the panel in Feb but literally evidencing what we already do and moving bits of information.

Best bit was after our feedback she gave me her card, told me she was recruiting assessors, she didn't usually poach staff but she'd like me to give her a call!!!

Congratulations on your accredititaion. I'm losing heart with ours. We started a year and a half ago, still haven't got through stage 1, with the PSLA, our mentor left, they asked us to send paperwork off, which i did, then they said no one had received it, then we had no one to contact at all for months, , some one from London appeared out of the woodwork asked me to post stage 1, which i duely did at the start of sept, then didn't hear a thing until last week, when she phoned to say that it was all fine except all the policies are out of date as they expired in oct, so could i send her them all again with the new date on. I explained they had all been re adopted but that wasn't good enough. Oh well, hopefully it will sort itself out in the end, i'm losing interest though!!!!! All i seem to be doing is photocoping and using so much ink..........

second thoughts, maybe you could apply and be our assessor!!!!!!!

Well done Tracey. I wonder what an assessor's pay rate is?

I used to be one, it's not bad, ( self employed -short term contracts- based on each individual accreditation visit, so can fit with other work) can be quite a bit of traveling and you need lots and lots of self discipline to get the reports done afterwards. :D

The main thing I liked about the job was meeting all the staff of various settings, and getting lots of new ideas for mine, which I still use today :D

Well done pandemonium, and what better measure of your worth than a (tentative) job offer :D:D

Peggy

Sim - we have been waiting well over a year for our assessment too. We were on teh old scheme and were told if we weren't done by last November (as in 2005) we would have to pay and start again on the new scheme. Then it was ok we can't find you an assessor we'll give you until March.... then it was oh dear your assessor is ill and we can't find another one.... so I really feel your pain!

I was quite bolshy really and decided I wasn't breaking my neck going through the criteria and making sure it was all there. I figured she'd soon tell us if we needed to do anything so left the ploughing through folders to her!!! So glad I did as I knew I'd be peeved if I did loads and she didn't even look at it!

As to the assessing, well I'm just a bit bemused as to why she was keen on me doing it????

Hi

Sorry I have just managed to find to time to look at this site

Very impressed.

I am a PLA Assessor and have been assessing part time for a couple of years there have been problems with Administration,and I know that has been very frustrating for both assessors and the groups involved.I was a little bit disappointed that the PLA assessor did not look at the portfolio, that is not standard practice. If you do get the opportunity to assess please do.You will get so much out of it and the pays not bad.

Well done

Mariajo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)