Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Assessors Guide To Holistic Observations?

Hi, I have been an NVQ assessor now for over 2 years for one college and we complete the NVQ's in units (301 - then 302 so an observations and evidence (candidate reports, work products, Professional discussions etc) for each unit NO CROSS referencing) and use knowledge evidence questions and case studies for evidence.

Now I am working for another college and they complete the whole of the NVQ holistically!! Can anyone give me advice?? They also dont' want loads of paperwork so now candidate report only q+a's and professional discussons.

Hi,

I don't assess any more, but have always assessed holistically. Just write down everything you see each time you visit your candidates and you'll be surprised how much evidence you will soon have on all of them!

Hope you soon get used to it - it's much more in the spirit of NVQ than the 'college course' driven method!!

Sue

I am just training as an EV for TA's and SWIS and we are told that there does not need to be lots of seperate evidence for each unit, as evidence can be used holistically as long as all the evidence can be tracked easily, and meets all the necessary standards. So holistic is OK. The last thing anyone wants are files and files of paperwork.

Hello

Am not an assessor, I am a candidate, and my assessors covers as much as she can when she observes me, I am almost at the end of Level 3 EYC+E and my assessor has done about 4 observations altogether, it seems to me to be the better way, I don't have loads of paperwork from her.

Everyone have a good day.

• 3 months later...
:) Thanks for your answers am now well into holistic assessing, but still find it different after being taught the other way. My candidates are all great and have made my job so good. Take care all.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)