Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Gervase Phinn

Jackie A.

A group of us from my school went to see his show last night and it was fabulous! He is has been a school inspector for many years and is really in touch with children's minds and general school life. If you've ever read any of his books, you'll know that his sense of humour and ability to make funny stories out of every day school occurrences is amazing. He is such a great public speaker; he spoke for 2 hours with no prompts.

We laughed so much we nearly fell off our seats! :D:o

If you get the chance to see one of the shows of his tour or just read one of his books try and do so. We all need a bit of humour in our work.

http://www.ents24.com/web/artist/63199/Gervase_Phinn.html

Guest MaryEMac

Wow, you lucky thing you. :o I am really jealous cos I think his books are great. Have you read " A Wayne in a Manger" ? I chuckled my way through that, really annoying my husband who was trying to watch the TV.

Mary

0o0o I'm mentioned in here already as being a Gervase fan! He did my very 1st Inset as a teacher bak in 2002 about writing and it was just like reading one of his books. I and a friend of mine went to see him on his recent tour too- Halloween infact and despite car troubles getting there (broke down in the middle of town and had to get towed and then beg the hubby to take us there and back) it was a fantastic evening. He did say his new book is coming out in June- just in time for my birthday!